Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Interested in a Voxy/Noah.

AlfieT

Hello there, I'm considering buying an imported Voxy or Noah, (is there a difference between them?) and have a couple of questions. A bit of background first; I currently drive a Honda Stepwagon but need to get rid of it because of the impending ULEZ zone in London. Newer Stewagons that comply are either really ugly or the rear seats don't fold down to make a bed which I want. I was considering a Nissan Serena which fits the bill but then read about lots of mechanical issues with them. Luckily by chance I then found the Toyota equivalents which appear perfect. 

So my questions are... 

Which model/year engine will comply with the ULEZ (Euro 4)? And are there issues with the build of these cars?  I know there are always problems with certain spare parts but is the engine/majority of parts used in UK Toyotas? And lastly can anyone conform that the back seats fold flat(ish) into a bed. 

Many thanks for your time. 

Here's an example in stock at the importer I used for my Estima...see what you think about the inside. ( I think they have a couple in)

https://alljapanesemotors.co.uk/listings/2006-toyota-voxy-2-0-auto-z-kirameki-8-seater-mpv-v44/

I'm not familiar with the exact models...but I think Noah/Voxy are pretty much the same vehicle....don't know about emissions etc.

It's a Toyota.!!...you should have no quality or reliability problems.

I've had my Estima import for 3 years now...brilliant vehicle...no issues....many bangs for your buck.!!

• Like 1

The Voxy, Noah and Esquire are the same vehicle with cosmetic differences.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies, I'm still no clearer on the emissions thing but maybe the importer would know. All looking very promising. 

I've got a 2002  Estima I looked the reg up on the LEZ web site and that can go into London with no emission charge mines an eight seater. If that's any help.😀

• Like 1

That's very interesting. Do you happen to know what the model number of engine it is? 

Cheers. 

From  a quick search it would appear to be the 1AZ-FE or FSE model (2 litre)...but you'd need to know the model year/variation of a Voxy you might want to buy to be absolutely sure.

Mines a 2AZ it's a 2.4 petrol. If you go to see a Voxy and if it's already registered in the UK you can look it up on the LEZ web site to see if  there's no charge for that particular car.

This is great, thanks so much for your input, I feel much better equipped for getting out there and searching now. 

Can't see you will have any LEZ emissions problems with a petrol vehicle...mine's a 3 litre V6 Estima and attracts no charge at all.

Apparently from  the 8th April 2019 the ULEZ comes into force any car not conforming to Euro 4 emissions will have to pay the charge. On checking my reg my Esti doesn't conform so you need to check with the ULEZ web page for any exemption which might apply to any vehicle registered before 2005 to make sure it conforms to Euro 4 emissions.

Cheers Tony...never knew that....but then I have no intention of ever going anywhere near a LEZ if I can help it.

Re-checked my Esti...and it doesn't conform either.!!!..so I'd be in for a charge.!!

I'll try not to let it bother me too much..:biggrin:

I shan't lose much sleep over it Neil. I've done all the driving in London over the years so certainly don't miss it. I wonder how Japanese car importers local to London  will get on as the imports don't come wth any emissions details so there's no Euro standard of emissions. Probably have to source the details from Japan time will tell.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links