Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris sr 1.8 new ownership

dankernow

After recently ending my ownership of my avensis t180, I've now purchased a 2007 yaris 1.8 sr. First impressions are its a great little car to drive. Hasn't got the build quality of the avensis but it makes up for it in fun factor. Being the 1.8 petrol, its easy to keep up with traffic without the need to use the gears all the time. There's more room in the cabin than I imagined, unless you have 4 adults to carry around. Overall I'm very pleased with my purchase. 

If anyone else has this model, please give me some input on the good and bad of your ownership, thanks

• Like 1

Great purchase 👍 You don't see many of these Yaris these days, if your going to tinker with it the guys to talk to are Se7en Motorsport great guys and with the engine been a celica one they know them very well. 

• Like 1

No plans on performance mods, maybe just make it look nicer. Wheels need a refurb, body has the usual marks etc but I don't know if its worth spending on the cosmetics. At the moment it drives good and it was cheap to buy. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dankernow said:

...There's more room in the cabin than I imagined, unless you have 4 adults to carry around...

I'm surprised you say that, I had a 2000 and 2011 Yaris and with the rear seat slid fully back there was loads of room for four fair sized adults.  Even when we went for a weekend away with 2 friends and we all had overnight bags, with the rear seat half way back all the luggage went in the boot and everyone still had enough leg and head room.

Sadly, the same cannot be said of Yaris from 2012 onwards, I simply couldn't consider one as there's too little legroom in the back and headroom even worse.  Not to mention the generous interior oddments space of earlier models became one very small glovebox and virtually nothing else.

• Like 2

The rear seats have great flexibility I agree, but I'm over 6ft and passenger space is limited compared to my previous auris and avensis. Good point, there are so many storage compartments in this model. Even one behind the steering wheel! 

How does this model hold up to rust? All I can really see is the rear beam has surface corrosion all over it but nothing a rub down won't cure.

Also does anyone have a recommendation for a set of spark plugs? I've seen Bosch and ngk for sale around £30 for a set.

Thanks

• Like 1

If your not planning any performance upgrades I'd recommend using what Toyota recommend for the engine i.e. Denso I've always gone to Toyota and got my service kit from the parts department and just give it to my mechanic never any problems 👍 It's the best way to run them 👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dankernow said:

...I'm over 6ft and passenger space is limited compared to my previous auris and avensis...

you definitely won't want to sit in the back of the current shape Yaris then!

• Like 1