Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Radio

Sally Evensen

I had the Battery replaced on my 2007 Toyota Avensis and now the radio etc does not work. I understand that I need the series number and model of the radio in order to access the code. The code is not in my owners manual. I have looked everywhere on the radio including when it is tilted and no sign of serial number and model. How do I find this out. I am getting ready to sell and it is very frustrating. Would be most grateful for any help. Thanks

Moved to the Avensis club.

Toyota haven't used Radio codes in a very long time, what does the screen on the radio say? 

The scene shows contact the dealer. I did and the man was a bit vague. He thought the factory didn't use codes for 2007 Avensis and said I would have to bring it in. Unfortunately they are quite a long way from where I live. When I googled what to do it said codes are available if you put in radio model and serial number into the website. Those are not on the radio and perhaps I should take the radio out to find them ? It's very frustrating as I really want to sell the car but can't do so without the radio working.

I had the Battery replaced on my 2007 Toyota Avensis and now the radio etc does not work. I understand that I need the serial number and model of the radio in order to access the code. The code is not in my owners manual. I have looked everywhere on the radio including when it is tilted and no sign of serial number and model. How do I find this out. Will it be on the back if I take the radio out? I am getting ready to sell and it is very frustrating. Would be most grateful for any help. Thanks

Non of the Toyotas we have owned have had any kind of coding on the original factory fit radio. Is it an original fitment that the car was supplied with?

Topics merged.

I suspect the OP's radio may incorporate a sat nav (possibly a TNS510 or similar). Perhaps we could have confirmation of whether or not this is the case.

My guess is that it's a TNS700/B9010 & it is saying "a program cannot be read".

If so it needs to have the mapping disc in the appropriate drive so that the system can read it to then boot.

• 1 month later...

I agree with Heidfirst's assumptioin...as I've never been asked a code on the CD/Radios of the T25, and I've tinkering with these for many years 🙂

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links