Do Not Sell My Personal Information

maps

Ivegotfivedoors

I my Auris  2013 hybrid 1.8 needs a map update I was sick of driving using the satnav only to find a street as vanished or maybe the odd ring road as moved

I have tried using my tomtom app on my phone but why should I when I have a toyota satnav fitted is there another way to get a updated map instead of the overpriced Toyota one from there web site

Thanks 

Not legally.

• 9 months later...

Hallo sir. I have a question regarding the beeping sound on the Toyota aygo automat  u were highlighting in one of your comments. Could i receive more info what you did to fix it? Would be a great help!

I believe i have the same problem. And its so annoying.

Kind regards Martin Daniel

Yes no problem, it was the auto gearbox overheating due to worn parts that had to be replaced it did cost over £600 at the Toyota dealer I would suggest you take it to your local dealer and let them have a look .

hth 

I noticed yesterday that the speed limit shown on the satnav screen did not match the actual posted limit. Would it be worthwhile if we all reported such errors?  But to whom?  What do you think?  Would you be bothered?

I don't think Toyota would be bothered unless you wish to fork out the £200 for a DIY upgrade plus having to have a Windows machine to download it.

Your dealer will do it for around £600 though!

I've noticed the speeds limits on our TomTom are sometimes wrong too, but they do eventually get corrected (sometimes years later!). I'm not sure where satnav manufacturers ultimately get their speed limit data from but I've never bothered to report it.

There's a couple of big providers for SatNav device map data. TeleAtlas who got bought by TomTom about 10 years ago. Navteq who got bought by Nokia and rebranded as Here in 2012.

The Touch 2 uses Here for map data, as do most of the big manufacturers. Also Garmin SatNavs.

On TomTom devices you can usually report map inaccuracies, assume they send a scanning vehicle out to verify them at some point.

• Thanks 1