Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Injector voltage

endri katro

Hello. I have a toyota rav4, 2ad-ftv 2007, 2.2 l diesel engine.  I have a problem with the noise of my rav. I don’t know how to describe it. It is like a diesel knock.

Mechanics here are really incopetent,they have no idea ehat it might be wrong. Since i have spent a lot of money on changing parts, i started doing things my way.

I used a voltmeter to check for the voltage that my injectiors were getting and it shows 4.06 volts with engine off but ignition on. I have searched everywhere that the injectors should recive 12 volts. Is it true? Does it mean tha i have a problem with my wires/ecu/edu?

Thanks. Endri

Hi Endri, think it would help those that may have an answer to this if you say which parts have been changed so that they can maybe work out the parts that could be left to cause your problem

It is a really long story. First engine makine the same sound. Relpaced main bearings,lifters,timing chain,injectors... same noise. Replaced the engine. It worked like a charm for a few days,than it would make the same noise in random. I mean one day it would make the noise,the next one not and work like a charm. Thats why I asked about the injector voltage,because for me that is not normal.

Have you got a code reader that could maybe plug in under the dashboard in a white socket. If not i would suggest that you try to  obtain one as they can point to most of the problems that occur