Do Not Sell My Personal Information

bypass ac compressor

stevieg43

Hi, hope someone could help.

I have a 2005 avensis diesel colour collection and the ac compressor is making a noise badly on tick over, the ac does not work so pointless me buying a 2nd hand pump from scrappers, is there a way i can bypass the compressor, i have the 2 belt system.

hope you can help

Could have a look at the following previous topics:

• 3 weeks later...

My ac pump is bypassed go on eurocarparts type in reg choose option with no ac it's a smaller belt make sure to type promo code and when fitting make sure it's tight but not too tight if it's slack the back side of the belt will rub on ac pump easy fix good luck 

Just now, Longcock said:

My ac pump is bypassed go on eurocarparts type in reg choose option with no ac it's a smaller belt make sure to type promo code and when fitting make sure it's tight but not too tight if it's slack the back side of the belt will rub on ac pump easy fix good luck 

Get Dayco belt not Continental they are rubbish 

job done successful ,quite easy tbh. 14mm deep offset ring spanner a 14mm socket new belt 5pk1115, did go toyota at first but at £18 a belt i almost fell over so euro carparts got a contitech fer £6.80 after my discount. some garages where not interested in the job and was told they would only do like for like.

The only hard part was at the bottom end of the crank getting it off and on as the gap was tight and me with big shovel hands was a little challenge but was overcome easily. 

Ive found the car runs alot smoother and quieter too.