Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris hybrid rattling/shaking on start

hafiz tariq

hi i have FP61yyk auris hybrid making rattling noise when engine start and shaking the engine. running well speed fine but strong noise from hybrid system side

On 3/22/2019 at 6:21 AM, hafiz tariq said:

hi i have FP61yyk auris hybrid making rattling noise when engine start and shaking the engine. running well speed fine but strong noise from hybrid system side

The engine though a similar basic block, is different in other respects. You mention 'strong noise from hybrid system side'. This is needs to be looked at by a proper technician or somebody experienced with hybrids. Your fault by your description is not related to the standard ZR engines used in normal petrol Toyotas.
You need yo start a new thread!

Split into new topic.

• 1 year later...

my car started the same thing. Did you find any solution?

Look on Prius chat forum in Gen 3 Prius,  it seems to be a common problem related to egr cooler blocking causing mayhem. Needs proper diagnosis 

I could be worth looking at the condition if the coils. They can collect water down the spark plug hole as they sit right under the plastic trim at the bottom of the windscreen. So there`s plenty of water and leafs can block where the water should drain away.

My Auris hsd started having a intermittent misfire when the ice started. One coil was rusty and bulging at the sides. So I bought a used coil from the same year prius and a set of ngk spark plugs. I put a little oil down onto the spark plug that had the rusty coil and took it very steady taking the plug out. It came out ok and the new coil cured the misfire and noisy ice start up.

Hi, definitely is the egr cooler, intake manifold, and throttle body that needs full clean. Very common problems on this cars. 

• 2 months later...

I had rattling idle and when accelerating. Turned out it was the heat sink resting on the exhaust 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links