Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris auto g'box

Catlover

A friend wants to change cars to something smaller but with auto gearbox.  I suggesting a Yaris about 10/11 plate.  Are the only auto boxes available MMT. If so I couldn't recommend at all.

The second generation Yaris' auto gearbox option was only the MMT.

However, the third generation Yaris went on sale in the UK from July 2011 had the Multidrive-S, CVT gearbox.

So your friend could concentrate their search for late 11-plate third generation.

• Like 1

For their sanity your friend must steer well clear of the MMT.🙂I owned a "60" plate for a short while and after realising how bad this particular transmission is traded it in for my current vehicle. This one has the Multidrive - S (CVT). Chalk and cheese.  Although there are many uninformed haters of CVTs I have found mine to be fine.

If your friend can stretch to a Mk 3 then they have to do as FB suggests. I can't comment on the durability of Toyota's CVT, no problems with mine in five years. A 11 plate is older and probably done more miles so possibly heading fo problems, that's a big possibly though!