Do Not Sell My Personal Information

In case anyone is interested, notes from my 2 test drives of new RAV4

PeteB

Very good and informative review. Had a quick test drive a few days ago and to my surprise sales person did not know how to switch to digital speedo (I found it later on youtube).
I had Prius for years and drove previous model RAV4 hybrid and Lexus RX450h several times, so I was concentrating on the car handling and was driving it aggressively on the familiar twisty route with the few roundabouts. In the end of the 6 miles test drive it returned 31.4 MPG, however I was pushing it at any opportunity,  to the point of short tyre squeal coming out of the roundabout or turning from stand still. However, at no point there was any noticable wheel spin or esp intervention. Car behaved very well on twisty bits and roundabouts, with very little body roll. Overall I am very pleased and think that driving normally, average of 40 to 45 mgp is achievable. Even when pushed, car was very comfortable. Anyway, thinking of ordering FWD Design in Urban Khaki. Manual seats in Design are very good (at least to me) and night and day compared to horrible (again, to me) manual seats in previous RAV4.

PeteB Thanks for the RAV4 Review 

Nice feed back, I drive for the local Toyota dealer and one of the niggles I have is on a bright day its a job to read the instruments as the facia cover is much smaller than the previous version ( not set so deep ) and catches the sun badly making reading the instruments & speedo difficult

8 hours ago, St Martins said:

... one of the niggles I have is on a bright day its a job to read the instruments as the facia cover is much smaller than the previous version ( not set so deep ) and catches the sun badly making reading the instruments & speedo difficult

Yes, I'd seen comments about that from a couple of US YouTubers - I had a little sun on my two test drives and was watching out for it, but never saw a position where the sun was in the right direction to cause a problem.  I can see that it will do if a low sun from back or sides falls on it.

Test drove Dynamic again last evening and had the 'sun' issue. With analogue speedo, there is no chance of seeing the speed properly, but once switched to digital, you can see the speed, even with lots of reflection. The digits are fairly big and in the top part of the dash screen.

Anyway, placed an order for Design FWD in White

Ah, maybe that's why I didn't get the problem - kept it in digital mode the whole time.  The digits are better than they look in photos and on YouTube videos, but not a patch on the ones in my Prius, which are bolder and about twice the size.

I wouldn't have considered the RAV4 if it didn't have the digital option unless it had a Heads Up Display.