Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Beeping sound?

Paulus17

Hi folks.

My daughter recently bought a very nice 2015 Aygo and she loves it especially with the fabric fold back electric roof, but while she was out driving it over the weekend she started to get an intermittent beeping sound coming from the dashboard area but no signals were showing on the dash. We've looked in the manual but can't find anything relating to this sound.

Any idea what this could be?

TIA.

Does she have the X-nav sat nav system or Toyota Safety Sense?

30 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Does she have the X-nav sat nav system or Toyota Safety Sense?

That I haven't a clue FB but know it is the Xpression, Xwave model with reversing camera if that helps??

How could I check?

Hi Paul,

Did your daughter have a bag or something on the passenger seat, by any chance?  If so it will have been the seat belt warning beeper, going off.  The sensor will have detected some weight on the seat and set the alarm off as the seat belt wasn't fastened.

I hope that helps in some way.

All the best. :biggrin:

No Neil her boyfriend was in the passenger seat.

Right-oh, Paul....Not that then.  The only other thing that I can think of would be the low fuel warning bleeper which sounds when you get down to one bar on the fuel gauge.

I think that Mike was asking about the X-Nav system because, if the car is fitted with SatNav then the beep could have been a speed camera location warning.

To be honest, the low fuel and seat belt warning beeps have caught most of us out at sometime or another.

I hope that you get to the bottom of it. :thumbsup:

Manual or Auto ( MMT ) transmission?

Fuel was fine and the satnav/ stereo was switched off apparently Neil, but I just found an older thread where it was the clutch plate getting hot giving off a beeping sound, buy my daughters Aygo has only done just over 10k miles from new so hope it's not the clutch??

It's a manual DA.

The speed camera warning is a very distinctive very loud “two tone” almost klaxon like sound and won’t sound unless Navigation is active.

The only warning beeps (as far as I know) are,

Seatbelt not fastened

Lights on /Door ajar

Keyless key out of range (maybe low battery)

Low fuel

Possibly speed limiter exceeded (not sure about that one as never used it)

If you Google around there does seem to be some evidence that an overheating cutch will cause a beep to sound which I would be surprised on such a new model..

I would ask a dealer to check it out.

If the Aygo was first registered from August 2015, it may have Toyota Safety Sense fitted, which includes a Lane Departure warning - both visual and audible warnings. If it does have TSS, there will be a black housing on the windscreen behind the rear view mirror, which contains the camera.

Thanks for the replies folks.

Not sure when it was registered but I think it was August 2015 so might be the TSS  I will check later.

Well seeing as how it might be the clutch I phoned the local Toyota dealer where she bought it from and spoke a lady who said she once had an Aygo and sge got a clicking warning noise when her clutch was on it's way out not a binging sound so without looking she couldn't say so have booked it in but not until 25th next month which was the earliest they could do😮

However daughter has said the sound hasn't happened now since late Sunday and she uses it every day for work etc.Only thing I have done was to fill up her windscreen washer bottle so could it have been that??

My x play was registered 2017 and hasn't got TSS. It beeps only when put in reverse for reversing sensors/mmt auto and that's it apart from low petrol warning which I know about and never usually let it go down that low.

If the car is a manual then there are no warnings for clutch only the X-shift (MMT Auto) has a clutch overheat warning.

Thanks for the replies folks.

The beeping hasn't happened at all since last weekend so just seems odd.

There are no reversing sensors on it and fuel was half a tank full and as far as I can tell no TSS.

I have added a piccy of the Aygo if it helps?

aygo (2).JPG

was it 100% coming from the car. not mistaken for something on a mobile phone going off?

Just an update on this as the beeping was continuous yesterday morning when daughter was going to work but stopped when the car stopped then came back when the car was moving.

So she came back home and we went a short drive so I could have a look/listen but when I got in it wouldn't happen so for some reason I pulled the handbrake lever up slightly and the beeping noise started and my daughter said that was the noise, released it and it stopped. So I have told her to make sure the handbrake is fully down for now and see if the beeping happens again??

9 hours ago, Paulus17 said:

Just an update on this as the beeping was continuous yesterday morning when daughter was going to work but stopped when the car stopped then came back when the car was moving.

So she came back home and we went a short drive so I could have a look/listen but when I got in it wouldn't happen so for some reason I pulled the handbrake lever up slightly and the beeping noise started and my daughter said that was the noise, released it and it stopped. So I have told her to make sure the handbrake is fully down for now and see if the beeping happens again??

I agree that it's the handbrake alert; happened to me a couple of times.