Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil Filter Part Number

thescrapyard

I'm trying to get the correct oil filter for our Toyota Yaris 1.4d 2009

The 'usual' part EOF245 or equivalent doesn't fit. The one fitted is smaller and more narrow, so without taking it out again to see if I can find a part number of some description is getting annoying. I've tried two different parts shops I use, both gave me the exact same paper filter but different brands

Below is an image of what I took out, but had to reuse with fresh oil due to the replacement totally different. The one on the right is the one fitted currently, the one on the left is the supposed part for our car. MD651 or EOF245. Same part, different brand

I'd be quite happy to change the entire housing from a scrap car (if I can just bolt it straight on) so I could use spin on oil filters, as these paper ones are a pain in the ****. I found out that both types could be fitted to the same model, you don't know which one until you go to change the oil if its a spin on or paper filter

Any help appreciated to find the correct paper filter, unless somebody has previously fitted a housing top off another Toyota just to confuse things even further

20181125_115844-large.jpg

Factory original part # 04152-31110 £11.28

Local EU supply part # 04152-YZZA8 £9.29

Metal spin on type was fitted 2005-2008 on 5 speed models, paper cartridge 2009 > on 6 speed models they are not interchangeable as the cylinder blocks differ considerably

• 2 weeks later...

Finally had the time to take the filter out and actually measure the damn thing

Can't find any part numbers of the oil filter housing cap and rather helpfully there is none on the actually filter element itself

Filter is :

Height     : 55mm

Hole size : 28mm

Width      : 60mm

Nearest I could find was a Bosch filter F026407092 and listing a Toyota part number 0415240060, after MUCH searching and comparing sizes at height 56mm, hole 28mm, width 61mm.

Near enough, but still annoying me why the majority of car parts databases suggest the larger one than is massive compared to the one we have. One did suggest the Bosch filter so shows something isn't right. Either a different oil filter housing cap has been fitted or our model is just special and between facelifts

To save hassle, why not buy original Toyota parts from the dealer. They are not that expensive...

2 hours ago, Perfection said:

To save hassle, why not buy original Toyota parts from the dealer. They are not that expensive...

Exactly, it's not that expensive for the genuine article. You know it should fit and it is an important part of the engine lubricating system. Why risk trying to save a little money in the short term and risk any problems by using a non original filter?

It's like I am about to buy  diesel fuel filter for my Verso, I did a search for the parts on the internet and found other brands selling around £27 to £35.

A Toyota from the dealer, £27 + vat.

It is obvious that I am going for the Toyota one as I know it is going to fit and will have good pedigree on the usage, i.e will be trouble free for another 40k miles.

I don't really have an issue buying dealer parts, I've found in the past that the dealers were not that much more and in some cases cheaper than 3rd party parts. Possibly due to not having a monopoly on parts anymore

Whats annoying is two vastly different sized and types of paper element filter. Two different parts shops I use normally quote same part number but different brands. Both the same filter on their systems but different to the one fitted

Either their systems are wrong or the filter housing cap has been replaced on ours and thats wrong. I have the FSH by the same dealer from new when we bought the car and no indication in that or paperwork suggests that its been changed at any time

Everything is fine apart from the oil filter issues, which I wouldn't have had known about if I continued with the service from a dealer. Not much point really on a 9 year old car, but was well under mileage for its year and passed the last MOT with us without any issues at all