Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota fuel consumption survey - hybrids

FROSTYBALLS

Toyota Connected Europe are asking for feedback from hybrid owners via a fuel consumption survey - see

• 1 month later...

Mine looks good on the dash (claiming high 60s and even 70s on my holiday last week) but measured pump to pump it's less stellar. It's actually getting around 53mpg which is only slightly better than I got with my Honda Jazz 1.3 CVT.

I've always wondered if my driving style (minimal use of brakes, lifting off when approaching red lights etc.) might mean I don't see much benefit from hybrid technology and so far that appears to be the case. However I'm astonished by how appallingly inaccurate the fuel consumption display on the dash is.

I mean, sure, we all know they are usually a bit optimistic but mine appears to be out by over 30%! I have only filled the car up four times so far and each time was at a different pump (and indeed different stations) but this seems crazily bad. I'm also intrigued how that number comes about because judging by eye I'd say the instantaneous figure is below the current average most of the time.

• 3 weeks later...

This part of the survey now closed.