Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2006 Corolla e12 squeal coming from engine help

Jacorolla

Hello I recently just bought a brand new Corolla e12 hatchback d4d 1.4 and she's mint. Except when im going along I can hear a faint squeal coming from under the car it's only when I'm moving tho any thoughts on what it could be? thanks.

A few things come to mind initially:

1. Brake disc cover rubbing on a front disc

2. Air in take loose or air filter not fitted in properly

3. Turbo wining (it has one) - does it disappear if you go above 5000 Revs or get worse?

• Thanks 1

Ya it goes away the higher the car revs the faster I drive I don't hear it as much sorry for the late reply btw  I also think your right about the breaks they squeal like a bus when I break thanks a mill 👍

Ya it goes away the higher the car revs the faster I drive I don't hear it as much sorry for the late reply btw  I also think your right about the breaks they squeal like a bus when I break thanks a mill 👍

It definatley is the brakes it's this sort of a noise https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Dv6x63yWr8ro&ved=2ahUKEwjb4KG706fhAhViWhUIHUD8D9QQwqsBMA16BAgDEBA&usg=AOvVaw0CCFC1g-s_EzlBPX8fKwcr I'll try fix the front breaks and tell ya how it goes thx again lad

• Like 1

If it's all the time, it could be the brake dust cover shield rubbing on the disk.

If it makes a squeal at lower speed it may be a brake pad binding on the disk or a seized brake caliper. The latter is more problematic, but you can resolve if you remove the pads and file the pad runner edges in the caliper and the file a thin line off the edge of the pads where they fit in. Then put a very thin line of red grease on the edges of the pads and refit to allow them to move and not cease again.

But hey, it's brakes and these do need to work right, so may be best to take it to a garage to fix it anyway IMHO. I don't take chances with Brakes. Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

Thanks a million absolute gent proper legend u helped me a bunch taking her into the garage tomorrow