Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Radio code??

dankernow

I'm going to change the Battery on a 2007 Yaris (Japanese production) will this affect the radio as I cannot find a code anywhere in the owners wallet? Thanks

Does it have a "radio"?  I'm unfamiliar with the 2007 Yaris.

Our radio is part of the whole technology suite - Touch or whatever it's called.  I would expect with ours, that the code is automatically part of the car's internal computer thingy.

Mick.

This is the old school radio/cd player unit.  My auris 2011 didn't have a radio code either, so it didn't effect it. I think it has more to do detering thieves!

Radios in recent Toyotas don't have radio codes. Doubt whether yours will have one - neither my 2009 or my 2012 Auris did.

We had a Fiat500 before this Yaris, and that had a separate radio.

It had a code, but it was stored in the body ECU, so if you disconnected the Battery, the code was still available for when you reconnected.  The only time you needed to input  a manual code, was if you fitted a new radio.

Mick.

• 2 weeks later...

Defo no code in the factory fit radio 2007 yaris

Can you borrow or do you own a 12v jump start Battery pack? If so connect that to the Battery terminals (the correct polarity!) before disconnecting.

Whether the radio does have a code or not, probably not, it is a good idea to do the above to retain the computer memory when changing a Battery.

Toyota do a 'fixed price' on Battery changes and were cheaper than local smaller garages. I paid £125 for the replacement Battery on my diesel Rav 4 and it's a big one and cheaper than local garages wanted, that includes VAT. You might have to tell your local dealer that they do a fixed price and that way they have to deal with any problems that might happen because the 12v supply has been interrupted.

Mike.