Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris 1.8 SR No aftermarket exhaust !!

dankernow

The Yaris past the MOT today with advisory for the rear exhaust box. No problem I thought, I'll phone up a couple of exhaust centres for a quote! They all said their suppliers don't do one for my Yaris! I then tried ECP, two online companies, my local motorfactor, eBay all with no luck. So I had no choice but to buy one from Toyota. 

I'm just shocked that no one has one, other than a main dealer. I didn't want to go down the road of a custom stainless steel one, until toyota stop supplying them!

So I paid £150 for the rear box which was reasonable for a main dealer part and I have a small leak on the front section by a hanger  ( this is a two part system) and its seen better days. So I asked Toyota for a front section price and my jaw hit the ground, £1200+ not including fitting or gaskets etc. I can't find any after market maker for this model! So a trip to Halfords with my discount card was in order to buy some gum gum.

Does anyone have any recommendations for the front section of the exhaust?  

I can't help at all, and I do sympathise.

Is there something special/different with a 2007 1.8SR exhaust system?

Would an exhaust from a different spec actually fit?  I'd be sorely tempted to do some research across the range.

Could the front section not be removed and repaired properly?

Mick.

• Like 1

There's nothing special about the yaris 1.8 sr, other than it was produced in low numbers for only 2 years I believe. Hence the lack of demand for companies to invest in doing a copy exhaust.  It could possibly be repaired if a garage would be prepared to weld in a new section and replace the hangers which are all corroded badly, its the original 12 year old exhaust. Another option is getting a company to make a custom built stainless system. This is probably the cheapest option and there is a place down redruth that does exhausts.

Just had another price through from toyotadirectparts in this club for £784, so a lot better than £1206. 

37 minutes ago, dankernow said:

There's nothing special about the yaris 1.8 sr, other than it was produced in low numbers for only 2 years I believe. Hence the lack of demand for companies to invest in doing a copy exhaust.

I wonder ........ just a guess ........ that due to the low numbers, they don't list the car in their lists, but the exhaust system is basically the same as on other models.

What we need, is an expert to join this conversation, coz I'm just guessing.

Mick.

I guessing the exhaust pipe diameter is maybe the only difference! I'm no expert either. It was made in Japan instead of France!  I really wouldn't know. 

I had a similar issue recently with my Mk1 Yaris T-Sport. My back box was blowing and the middle section wasn't far off giving up the ghost so I ended up getting a stainless steel custom exhaust made. I stated right from the off that I wanted it to sound and look as OEM as possible & it does and for £350 it was a fraction of the price of main dealers.

• Like 1

Think I will have to go down that road to. I would also ask for a quiet system and would like to keep the original back box I've ordered from Toyota. 

There are aftermarket ones but no aftermarket OEM replacement ones. In most cases it's cheaper to get a custom system fitted 

That's mad I would think that they didn't just make a special exhaust for a not so special car no disrespect I'd weld it

Think there are around 1,100 1.8 SR's left registered in the UK - so questionable whether this would be viable for an aftermarket exhaust supplier.

It's not a special car, just very low production figures. I've got a brand new Toyota back box and I've seen a stainless steel centre section made by fox in Germany at £140. But it has to be welded to the existing middle section just before the cat. Mig welder for welding stainless to mild steel. It's either that or £1400-1500 to have complete system fitted at Toyota.

Sometimes new cars come with 1 or 2 piece exhausts and you just get the part you need and cut the old one and clamp the new part to it I know it's not new but it could be the original system but if you go to a local back street garage they should probably repair the old system it's got to be worth a try 

3 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Think there are around 1,100 1.8 SR's left registered in the UK - so questionable whether this would be viable for an aftermarket exhaust supplier.

How do you know all of this information it's crazy but helpful 

Or right very clever I wondered how anyone could know this stuff please forgive my ignorance with Internet search engines I've just never thought thanks for that I'm probably going to look into it it will be interesting cheers 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A quick update,  I have a new Toyota back box with the stainless steel tip (standard) £150 and a Fox stainless steel centre section arriving from Germany tomorrow  £135. Toyota exhaust gasket £15. I will take it to a local exhaust centre for them hopefully to do their magic in the next few weeks. Total outlay about £360. In hindsight I would have got a custom built system,  but I really didn't want a modification to declare to my insurance company. 

• 5 months later...

I have a hole in my exhaust its 1.8 sr i have attatched pics... what section would i need

70B1A160-BAE7-40BB-9EC7-877E749DE87E.jpeg

E2EB8274-837A-4376-BE26-739E6ED71F6B.jpeg

its in 2 parts, front pipe and the back box

The font pipe isnt going to be cheap if its a 1.8 as it has the cat in it

your have to check with toyota for a part number - a quick look shows 17410-37221

it may be cheaper to have a custom stainless steel exaust made

edit. theres not much about but i did find Euroflo list the exhaust ECTY1111TA

http://www.euroflo.co.uk/Catalogue/Toyota/Yaris/EuroFlo Exhaust Systems.aspx

I have had a look seems like the pipe from back box right where the join is..... is where the hole is

The clamp by the hole is a jubilee clip whats been used as a temp repair, the hole, judging by the amount of gum its been like that a long while - see the link i posted for a diagram

One of these has been used https://www.holtsauto.com/holts/products/wide-repair-bandage/

Imho it been patched up to sell the car, Tbh if its gone in one place it won't be long before it gets worse

• 7 months later...
On 4/4/2019 at 4:59 PM, dankernow said:

hi mate can you help. I have a 2008 Sr the back box is gone and the front pipe is damaged too I think. Would the parts you’ve bought work for my Sr and please could you direct me to where I can get them from? Thanks much appreciated 

It's not a special car, just very low production figures. I've got a brand new Toyota back box and I've seen a stainless steel centre section made by fox in Germany at £140. But it has to be welded to the existing middle section just before the cat. Mig welder for welding stainless to mild steel. It's either that or £1400-1500 to have complete system fitted at Toyota.