Fostel

Power Management Control ECU recall - Dealership recommendation

I just received the letter from Toyota that my hybrid Auris TS was recalled.

As I don't trust Toyota dealerships at all (I had bad experiences before so I started to service the car myself) I decided to ask you for a recommendation.

Which garage in London should I go to? I may even go outside London if the garage is good.

Thanks.

• Like 1

They are pretty much all the same, if you lucky you might get proper service if not I don’t want even to think about. I have done few recalls in Jemca edgware and everything was ok. Maybe you can give them a try.  I think that as further away from London you deal with dealers your are more likely to get better service, London it’s just disgraceful place for anything since a decade ago. 

Good luck 👍

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

They are pretty much all the same, if you lucky you might get proper service if not I don’t want even to think about. I have done few recalls in Jemca edgware and everything was ok. Maybe you can give them a try.  I think that as further away from London you deal with dealers your are more likely to get better service, London it’s just disgraceful place for anything since a decade ago. 

Good luck 👍

I am not impressed really, just as average as rest of them. Quite far from me as well, I am from SE London

Selection_144.thumb.png.40880e60d83ac87601f9db1b78c46fc8.png

I am digging through Toyota dealerships today. I will update when I find something worth sharing.

It’s a software update so they just plug it in and the computer does the “work” so in theory even a bad dealer couldn’t get it wrong? 

Different car but still a Toyota recall, I took my Avensis to Sidcup, my local dealer. This was for the fuel suction pump. I had a loan Hybrid Yaris which I enjoyed. 

I noticed the rear seat bench, which has to be removed to access the suction pump, was not firmly fitted on the right side. It was a little loose, but not noticeable in normal use. Then last week, I realised the middle buckle of the rear seatbelt could not fit in it's rest position. That is when I did this - 

I rectified everything mentioned above, plus re attached the seat cover hooks to the frame. Minor but important details. It shows that the staff are rushing through these jobs, as there were quite a few customers at the dealership for various reasons. A busy dealership. I had the time to inspect and refit everything properly.

Your car will be different as it is a plug in job, so nothing will need to be dismantled. 

57 minutes ago, Konrad C said:

Minor but important details. It shows that the staff are rushing through these jobs, as there were quite a few customers at the dealership for various reasons. 

I believe that they also don't get paid much by Toyota for this sort of work - much less than retail rates.