Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Has anyone tried parking assist on the 2016 Auris Hybrid?

itm

Has anyone tried it for parallel parking ? Does it work well (or at all)?

It works, bit scary and you must be aware of your surroundings.

I find it hit and miss, even with a space large enough. When it does work, it parks the car quite a way away from the kerb which on my old victorian terraced street is sub optimal. I don't bother with it personally. 

Although I did not use it too often, I never had an issue with it. Just need to trust the car which can be a bit strange at first. Never found an issue with parking too far away from kerb as found it to be reasonably close.

I sometime use it on my Prius, and mostly find it works well, but you need to watch it.  It is very good at deciding which is the smallest gap it can cope with and sometimes gets me into (and out of) a space I wouldn't have attempted.

One of the first few times I used it, when doing the final forward straightening, and even though I eased the brakes very slowly, it very abruptly put a lot of left lock on while unfortunately close to a high, very rough kerb stone that looked like granite.  It made a big mess of the wheel trim, which cost £30 to replace, but I'd rather that than have paid for the allow to be refurbed!

Since that I normally drop the left mirror and watch very closely, ready to stamp on the brake pedal instantly if needed, but it's been fairly well behaved every since.

It does sometimes almost need a taxi to get me to the footpath, in which case I finish off manually; it seems to take it's cue from the vehicles either side and if they are large and/or a long way out themselves, it follows suit.  Perhaps it doesn't want to show people up!  🤣

It's one more thing I'll miss when my RAV4 arrives, despite being the Excel, it has no self-parking feature, but I've ordered an upgrade that includes 360° cameras which looks awesome.  At least I'll be able to watch my wheels - no plastic trims protecting the alloys on the RAV!

I have it as well in my 2014 auris. It works fine, but you have to drive very slow in order to detect the space for the parallel parking. I have only used it couple of times just in order to test it. It's not something that you will use very often. I don't know if it works better in the facelifted auris. 

Ah that may be where I'm going wrong. Too fast. But on a busy through road, the cars behind appreciate prompt parking 🙂

When I bought a car, I have tried it. I don't think I can use this function very well. So in the end I gave up trying