Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LPG and Value Seat Recession?

MJHK

Hi Guys, New to the forum.

Hope you are all well.

I bought a 2006 Toyota Alphard 3.0 V6 MZG edition a last month and its a great car.

It was only ment to be for weekend use but now i have started using it everyday as i enjoy driving soo much.

Obviously now using it as a daily means the fuel gauge goes down very quickly. I get around 120-140 miles for £40. So i decided to look into an lpg conversation.

I read some chats on the forum and was very pleased to hear how much the economy goes up by using LPG do i started looking around for a UKLPG installer. Called up a couple of places all was fine etc.

Then one company i spoke to yesterday said  to me that the Alphard V6 engine is known for 'Value Seat Recession' when used on LPG and flash lube system would need to be fitted but this is will not completely cure it and they would advise i don't do a LPG Conversion.

This has confused me as no other company mentioned this and I haven't read anything on the forum and this issue so just really wanted to clarify the facts.

The company still quoted me just under £3000 for the LPG install and Flash Lube install.

If someone can please clarify this it would be greatly helpful.

Many thanks in advance.

MJ

I assume it's the 1MZ-FE V6....

I think there was a guy on the old TEOC forum (now closed) who had his V6 Alphard done and I don't recall him mentioning any problems...but you need to do your homework..the Lexus RX300 has the same engine so you could check that out.

I'm sure I read somewhere of late that LPG had lost some of it's popularity.?.. and that the outlets for filling up with LPG seems to be on the decrease....you also have to consider just how long it's going to take to get your investment back which obviously depends on your mileage.

Your mpg does seem a tad low even for such a large, heavy, powerful vehicle...£40 at todays prices = 7 gallon/140 miles.?..ie 20 mpg.?(unless my maths are way out..lol)...I get around 25 mpg local shortish runs in Winter with my V6...but 32/33 mpg on a good mixed motoring run in Summer...but if you are doing short runs and using the power that the 1MZ-FE offers you then I guess I wouldn't be too surprised at your figures.

I'm afraid I can't resist the kick that engine gives sometimes..it really is a beast...but I love it...and I'm prepared to pay the price at the pumps.

Speak to Andy at Profess Autogas. He is top of his game and he will advise you. Also 3k is very excessive, sounds like its a job he doesnt want to do.

1200 sound around the right figure for a Stag system.

I used a flashlube on mine and always made sure it was topped up and had mine dripping once every 10 seconds.