Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Seat bolt problems Rav4.2

Gualrob

Hi

New member from Norway. English is not my first language so please excuse my spelling. 

I have a 2005 Rav4 d4d which I newly purchased. Car is excellent except from one thing. One of the previous owners have used spacers under front end of front seats to get more angle. On driver seat this have caused the threads on the left front side to be partially stripped. On the right side the threaded nut underneath the floor plate is loose and the hole is a bit widened. 

Is it possible to get access to the nut from under the chassis or from the coupe? In this way i could fix the problem on the right side. 

Could I just use a helicoil to fix the stripped nut on the left side? 

Which dimensions are the machinethreaded bolts? I will purchase 2 new ones and a helicoil for the correct dimension to fix the problem on the left side if this is adequate. 

PS: this is a LHD car. 

First picture is the right side. Second is the left side. 

030B1B16-E951-4654-9E42-FE6B5ABF7723.jpeg

42FF21B5-0995-4BD9-9D19-BCCA79028ABE.jpeg

I believe they do go all way through you could helicoil  or put a slightly smaller bolt but longer all way through with a lock but on underneath if you get a second person to hold the nut for you. Should be ok as three more hold it in place .

My first language is English and your spelling is better than mine . Anyway don't Helicoil just incase it doesn't work properly especially with cheap kits you need good quality nuts and bolts and do what grumpy said also I would use washers it's got to be securely fitted also this is just a suggestion with no responsibility as is a major safety issue 

Hi. I think it’s difficult to access from underside. Are there any other options?

Not that I can think of really, could you drive say drivers side up on the the curb on side of road if you have no ramps to use ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links