Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Airbag light on

SD-TOY

Hi All, airbag light has come on, on my Corolla T3 2002. Paid for a diagnostic and came back as code B0111 - R/H side airbag squib. Notes say suspect either wiring to O/S seat airbag or airbag itself.

Price was £800 to fix! Anyone now where i can obtain the side airbag? Tried e bay but can only find the passenger side. What i can find though is a Corolla Verso 2002 O/S. Does anyone know if this will fit? Thanks.

Topic title edited.

There is a recall on airbags. Get it replaced for free.

Hi,

Has anyone actually checked the wiring under the seat ?

Its quiet possible its been caught when someone has pushed / stored something under the seat or constant forwards/backwards adjustment etc  ...

No idea if the Verso is the same as yours,  but you could contact your local or online scrap yards for such a bag if its not the wiring.

Whatever work you do, you must disconnect the cars Battery and leave the car for about 10 mins before doing any work on the airbags or risk setting them all off !

48 minutes ago, DeTomato said:

To check whether your car is involved in a recall, use Toyota's recall checker - https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/vehicle-information/recall-checker-info

However, as far as I'm aware, the side airbags aren't affected by a recall.

2 hours ago, DeTomato said:

Already had the recall done, Airbag ECU and front airbag replaced, the side air bags as @FROSTYBALLS mentions is not affected by a recall.

2 hours ago, oldcodger said:

Hi,

Has anyone actually checked the wiring under the seat ?

Its quiet possible its been caught when someone has pushed / stored something under the seat or constant forwards/backwards adjustment etc  ...

No idea if the Verso is the same as yours,  but you could contact your local or online scrap yards for such a bag if its not the wiring.

Whatever work you do, you must disconnect the cars battery and leave the car for about 10 mins before doing any work on the airbags or risk setting them all off !

Thanks for the heads up, the wiring has been cheked and looks OK from a visual inspection, so ill try an airbag replacement first. Thanks

Having a Corolla of similar vintage, I'm interested in how you fix the problem, in case I should encounter something similar.

In checking the wiring, I assume a check's also been made of plugs/connectors (if any), both visually and by disconnecting & remaking the connections to remove any corrosion of the contacts.

The only thing that doesn't work on my Corolla is the average fuel consumption, which always displays 99.99 mpg (I wish!).  Not sure if this has occured as part of the ageing process, or whether a wire could have been disturbed in one of the 3 recalls for the airbags.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links