Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Searching for late low mileage IQ3 multidrive

en8wall69

Hi, good luck to opening poster. It took me 6 months of searching the UK to find a   2014 IQ3 but it paid off last month!

She has low mileage and Toyota FSH but was heavily chipped on both doors and 3 of the strange boomerang (can’t think of correct name) shaped pieces on the sides of bumpers, so I took her straight to a body shop for a respray. She’s looking lovely now.

About 9 months ago there were 4 or 5 14 plates on eBay at £9,995. When I started looking in October there were none!

I hope it doesn’t take you as long as it took me!

victoria.

• Like 1

Hi.

I'm still looking. Finding lots of 12 plate IQ3'S and IQ2'S on 14 reg but not 14 reg 3's. Can you post some pics of yours? 

Hi, I can tomorrow. it’s getting dark here now and I don’t have any pictures. Mine is grey, I think it’s called Decaro Grey but I may not have the correct spelling. 

I upgraded from an IQ1 1 litre which I sold today. I did notice that the turning circle was not as tight in the IQ3, not sure if that’s because it has 16 inch alloys opposed to 15?

i still have upgrades to do, biggest being the interior lights.

thanks. 

• Thanks 1

That's one rare car you have. Dacuma grey was only available on IQ3. 

I've got the interior lighting upgrade on my 2014 IQ2 and Parrot bluetooth. Both well worth investing in. 

Tarquin on here is the man to speak to about lighting upgrade. 

• Thanks 1

Hello and thanks for that info. I’m really surprised, it took a lot of legwork to find and it had been described as in perfect condition. She was covered in that brush on paint that looks like nail varnish but fortunately no dents.

i dropped her off at the body shop and returned the next day to collect her. The sprayer was extremely stressed out and said he had something awful to tell me. I thought I’d bought a stolen car or that the engine had blown. He explained that his paint machine had broken and he’d called support to get the correct paint mix. It was the wrong colour!!!! A brownish grey! I was so relieved and burst out laughing! I felt so sorry for the sprayer, he looked ten years older!

She’s going back in next Wednesday for the correct colour spray. So I’ll put pics on tomorrow but please excuse the odd doors!

I love the IQ, they are so much fun!

Victoria.

Thanks for mentioning the member who does lighting and the Parrot. I didn’t want the factory satnav as I don’t think it was great so I’m looking to put a parrot in. Where have you installed it please?

thanks.

I have the Parrot MKI 9000. It's the one without a screen and works off of voice recognition.  On mine the small microphone is up by the rear view mirror.  The control unit that you press to make/end calls I have put on the lower dash on the opposite side to where start button & door mirror controls are. Under where mileage/radio display is. It's well worth getting and is very discreet unlike the ones with digital screens. I had it installed by a company called Creative Sounds in Winchmore Hill in North London although there will no doubt be a stockist list on their website. 

https://www.parrot.com/uk/car-kits#discover-car-kits

You won't need sat nav when you have bluetooth as you can play sat nav and music through it via your smartphone. 

Good luck with respray.

Thanks for all the info and the link. I can’t wait to get everything done. I’ve found a pic, it’s the day I got  her so she still has scrapes.

0EDB6242-01F1-45B5-A271-7C0697A3E12D.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! Pity it’s not the right model. I’ve kept all my research pages open just in case one comes up for you. I’m hoping one comes privately as the dealers I spoke with were pricey.

• 3 months later...

Still looking for a late low.mileage IQ3 1.33 multidrive. Search is proving frustrating as they sell so quick.  Missed out on 2 14 Reg iQ3 both with under 6k miles at £7995 in last fortnight as I couldn't get to see them in time. Then last night discovered this joker asking £9995 for one with 8k miles. I messaged him as I thought misprinted as over £2k more than usual..... but no, it's the right price. Absolutely crazy given you could buy a 19reg Aygo auto with very low miles and more tech for same money. Granted the Aygo is poor quality.

The search continues.

20190827_174821.png

Personally i'd rather spend more on an older iq3 with 8k miles  on it than whatever kind of newer aygo you could get, with whatever kind of tech its got.

32 minutes ago, atkiman said:

Personally i'd rather spend more on an older iq3 with 8k miles  on it than whatever kind of newer aygo you could get, with whatever kind of tech its got.

I agree, much rather a IQ3 than an Aygo.

2 minutes ago, flash22 said:

noob question, how do you tell the difference between the iQ 2 and 3 ?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201908261529263?atmobcid=soc5

it seems very strong money to me

Visually the IQ3 has 16" silver alloys and many have chrome door mirror housings.  Other than that there isn't any other obvious difference.  Under the skin the suspension and engine are different. IQ3 has approx 30 more bhp and lot more torque.. The spec is same as IQ2.

• Like 1

Thats one well cossited car, doubt you'd find one better, and 1 owner. Its got loads of life left. Just depends how long you want to keep it, short term probably over priced for you, keep it long term ,i'd say good value.

had mine 9 years , paid 11k ,it was x demo and 4k on the clock, now well over 140 k ,paid for itself over and over again, keeping mine for at least the next couple of years.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have an IQ 1.33 Multidrive with only 20k on the clock, full main agent service history - never missed a beat in the service book (was serviced Sept'19) - it's in Coral Blue with reverse sensors, all round mudguards, glovebox wallet etc...  2 keys (and metal tag), all original doc pack etc...  It has the face-lift white door cards and white bottom of dash.