Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Proace City launch 30th April

FROSTYBALLS

Toyota's new compact van will be launched at The CV Show at Birmingham's NEC on 30th April 2019. Built by PSA and essentially a Toyota version of the Peugeot Partner/Citroen Berlingo.

D3IFYQ1XkAELJ8t?format=jpg&name=900x900

Have You heard any rumours about engines and powertrains (is there any HSD or PHEV/EV alternative) or if theres any 5seat models , yet ?

17 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Engines/powertrains would be as per the PSA versions - similar to the larger Proace. Don't know whether 5 seat versions will be available.

See https://newsroom.toyota.eu/toyota-proace-city-1/

OK.

Probably Blue HDI Diesel (approved to fuel up with HVO 100) then

• 3 weeks later...

That Proace City Verso seems very nice but... Im very dissappointed the theres no HSD/PHEV/EV engine/powertrain just petrol and diesel.

Think the model name "City" sounds a bit misleading on a diesel car as I understand that you wont be able to drive diesels in many cities 

9 minutes ago, HSDish said:

Think the model name "City" sounds a bit misleading on a diesel car as I understand that you wont be able to drive diesels in many cities 

Not as yet in the UK. Although Clean Air Zones are planned for five UK cities with a second and possibly third tranche to follow, these will probably include Euro 6 diesels as being eligible to enter.

For example the Birmingham Clean Air Zone which begins January 2020, cars which meet Euro 4 (petrol) and Euro 6 (diesel) will be exempt from the Clean Air Zone charge.

As to when or whether these Zones get tightened emissions controls in the future, we shall have to wait and see.

• Thanks 1

As I understand, driving diesels on HVO wont help in Clean Air Zones . Do You know anything about that?

HVO 100 (ie 100% HVO diesel) diesel isn't available in the UK.

HVO is used as a percentage in some bio-diesels and in the UK that percentage is limited to 5%. So the use of HVO in bio diesel will have an effect but not enough to make a great impact on emissions at the percentage which is currently allowed

I know in Sweden, Volvo started a trial last year using HVO 100 in a fleet of taxis, but don't think the results are out yet.

Think the only realistic way of monitoring vehicles entering areas like Clean Air Zones is the Euro standard (eg Euro 4 and 6) - where the registration numbers of vehicles entering the Clean Air Zones are captured electronically, and those vehicles which don't meet the Euro standard are charged accordingly.

• Thanks 1

Here in Sweden the availability of 100 % HVO are pretty good, even for private/person cars. A bit moore expensive than orginal fosil diesel though.

Volvo approved 100% HVO in their newer cars some week ago and PSA/Peugeot/Citroen (even Toyota proace to ) Renault/Nissan has approved to

Approved Volvo

• XC90 from 2015.
  • S90, V90, V90 Cross Country from 2016.
  • XC60 from 2017.
  • V60, V60 Cross Country from 2018.
  • XC40 from 2018. 

Here's some more pics on Proace City Verso.

Really hopes it will come as HSD/PHEV/EV as well , in a near future.

This is the long version but I/We would be fine with the shorter version. Perfekt for transporting our daughters wheelchair

What do You think is the most different between the new Proace City verso long (besides the size, seems to differ some 50/60mm in hight an with ans some 300 mm in lenght) and the current Proace Verso medium ?

As this

https://www.bytbil.com/vastra-gotalands-lan/personbil-proace-verso-medium-2-0-premium-teknpkt1-2552-13140121

Do you think there is some improvements in fuel effency and comfort?

Think there will bee some saftety improvements available in ”City”

Is the Proace just as reliable as most other Toyotas or is the Proace first and foremost an PSA pruduct ?

Both the Proace and the Proace City are primarily PSA products.

The Proace being a Toyota version of the Citroen Despatch/Peugeot Expert - and presumably soon the Vauxhall/Opel Vivaro.

The Proace City being a version of the Citroen Berlingo/Peugeot Partner & Rifter/Vauxhall/Opel Combo Cargo.

All built by PSA.

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...

Saw that Proace City Verso will be introduced in Sweden may 2020.

Info. availiable at our local Toyota dealers now

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Heard rumors about that Proace City Verso will come as all electric.

Anyone here who knows ?

From a recent Auto Express article on the Proace City (March 2020), neither the crew van or the Verso versions will be sold in the UK.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

From a recent Auto Express article on the Proace City (March 2020), neither the crew van or the Verso versions will be sold in the UK.

Ohhps... as far as I know both the Proace city crew/small van and the verso petrol version will be in Swedish Toyota dealers showrooms this May 2020.

The Toyota GB website only has the short and long van versions with a choice of two 1.5 diesel engines (75 and 100bhp).

Suppose with the availability of the Citroen, Peugeot and Vauxhall (Opel in Europe) passenger versions, Toyota GB have decided the Verso may only have a limited market in the UK.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/30/2020 at 10:05 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

The Toyota GB website only has the short and long van versions with a choice of two 1.5 diesel engines (75 and 100bhp).

Suppose with the availability of the Citroen, Peugeot and Vauxhall (Opel in Europe) passenger versions, Toyota GB have decided the Verso may only have a limited market in the UK.

We got Citroen, Peugeot and Opel in Sweden to, but my local Toyota dealer got their Proace City Verso today (I havent seen it yet though).

Only avaliable in 1.2 petrol though, at least for now

Think that an all electric Proace City Verso should be a good and welcomed competitor to ( the only avaliable electric mini van in Sweden) Nissan e- NV200

• 2 weeks later...

Made a short test drive with a Proace City Verso, automatic, petrol, top trim level today.

Quite comfortable both to handle and soundwise. A lot of space inside. No lumbar suport but quite comfortabe seat.

Didn't felt totaly  "toyotaquality" (built by PSA) but ok IMO, though.

If this Proace City Verso comes as pure electric (as some rumours say) I will be interseted

I was wrong about the lumbar support. Checked the Proace City Verso today again and there is a knob for adjusting lumbar support, at the right upper side of the drivers seat.

Quite quiet and soft ride for that type of car.

Feels highly isulated.