Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Can't program new injectors to ECU

damian01211

Hi guys, over the weekend, I've managed to get my engine changed due to the old one saying hi to head gasket.

So the new engine come in with the injectors and pump, I've transported everything else from the old one.

It its running, feels a bit less power and in the morning I have problems starting it, I can't code the injectors into the ecu.

When ever I tried, its gonna say "injector compensation has failed".. No trouble codes, no problem with anything else.

Any idea why? Would be nice to fix it as the morning problem is annoying a bit... I've presume the starting problems relate to the injectors yet I can't code them thru the teachstream.

Hi sorry can't help with codes but when ever I have changed engines I change pump and injectorsee but make sure fit the injectors in the same order as in the old engine much easier with the engine out but still not to bad with engine in you probably already knew that but just trying to help I never had any problems 

what year of vehicle did the "new" engine come out of. Possibly it has a different, newer type of injector that the ecu can't handle/doesn't know about? (I know that my 2007 & 2012 Avensis 2AD-FTVs had different injectors)

Different injectors and pump sometimes but easy to spot the difference the pump is totally different but can easily be swapped but if it's a different pump the water pump will need to be changed as the studs holding the pump on are at a different angle but they do fit 

Just now, Longcock said:

Different injectors and pump sometimes but easy to spot the difference the pump is totally different but can easily be swapped but if it's a different pump the water pump will need to be changed as the studs holding the pump on are at a different angle but they do fit 

If it's a different pump 

Apparently its 2007 as well as the old engine. Oh I never update my profile. At the moment I have 2007 T25 FL D4D 2AD-FTV just incase if anyone is wondering.

I could notice that the injectors on new engine have 2 white lines between the alpha numeric code and on the old one don't have it. Fuel pomp looks the same. 

The "two white lines" denote the injectors are phase ll type injectors to accept these new injectors your engine ECU needs updating with minimum software version 305B4000 or higher & then the "injector learnt values" need to be reset

Is there a way to upgrade the software via techstream at home ? Also reset the injector learnt values?

I got the one hour subscription for toyota-tech, got the instruction how to update the ecu but I can't find the cal download. It's just waiting and waiting to grab my vin yet the other parts for this site works fine..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links