Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warning 25% off Membership Spoof Emails ?

Phil T

I'm getting 25% Members email from what appears to be from the Toyota Owners Club, with a link to pay. It came with another email the same for the Ford Club. Very suspicious.

"Toyota Owners Club club@toyotaownersclub.com via carclubmail.com" 

Either this is bad practice or its a spoof.

Can anyone shed some light on the subject.

Hi Philip.

If you care to send the email to me i'll pull it apart so to speak. I'll send you a private message with my personal email in it.

Mike.

Toyota Owners Club uses forum software provided Invision Community - the same as a number of forums such as Ford Owners Club. Invision also provide a bulk e-mail facility to enable users to contact members.

Toyota Owners Club does currently have a spring sale for Premium membership as per the club's Facebook page and the topic posted yesterday in General Discussions. If you wish to take advantage of the offer, you can use the link provided in the topic below or on Facebook, rather than the e-mail link.

• Like 2

Would be nice if they followed correct banking practice and did not use a link to pay money into. If you go to the www.carclubmail.com site you get a warning  insecure site. Facebook is not a site I like to use anymore. At least it's not a con and a hole into your bank account! No need to pull it apart then Mike!

So if we take advantage before a full year of membership , do we get the year added to our existing membership time.

On 4/4/2019 at 2:12 PM, Phil T said:

Would be nice if they followed correct banking practice and did not use a link to pay money into. If you go to the www.carclubmail.com site you get a warning  insecure site. Facebook is not a site I like to use anymore. At least it's not a con and a hole into your bank account! No need to pull it apart then Mike!

So if we take advantage before a full year of membership , do we get the year added to our existing membership time.

Carclubmail is not a website thats the reason it has an insecure warning. It's not designed for people to visit directly. The link is for tracking purposes and the end result ends on on the club subscription page. We run more than one owners club (lexus we also do plus a few others) so we use a generic domain for sending out emails plus it also protects the club domains. 

Not sure what you mean by banking practice. The subscription page accepts Paypal and Stripe or even good ole' cheque. No other better procedure as far as I can see. The subscription page is secure plus we have been doing this for donkeys years.