Do Not Sell My Personal Information

? Anyone know what this is.....

Exvec

Most garages that undertake work like that, reasonably everyday stuff, are equipped to align the suspension one way or another.

I would have thought it unusual on modern cars to have corrosion serious enough to warrant replacement of one, let alone two W/B unless the previous owners had been in the habit of parking it in a lake.

That would explain why or if the tracking was so far out, the minimum they could have done was measure the centre's of the back tyres then set the fronts the same.Until you got to the "professionals".

I notice the Disc looked new, hopefully the other side also and accompanied by new Pads.Were the wishbones new or did they source s/h at reduced cost, and if you needed a shaft on the other side why didn't they fail that, or tell you there was wear and give you the option to replace at the same time?

As you can probably tell, one of my real hates is people being ripped off.Put some sharp photos of all the bits I've mentioned and the tyres, and especially that chunk of steel, can't see it looking like that after just 40 miles without a good reason that was possibly noticeable i.e tear in the gaiter.

Hi.

If you want the cheapest price of genuine Toyota new half shafts send this man a private message with your reg. no. He looks after many members on the TOC, he's a main dealer top parts man who gives a discount. He works normal main dealer hours and sends parts by post.

Parts-King - Toyota Owners Club - Toyota Forum.website

This is getting to be like a horror story now..

I have had the two drive shafts replaced by a different garage ,so went to collect it this morning.I asked the mechanic if he had reset the steering alignment and he said he couldn't do it accurately has he hadn't got the right gear,so i took it to another local Garage who has the correct gear to set it up.Anyway to me horror he said he couldn't adjust the tracking because there was not enough on the thread to adjust it and it is way out.So he asked his mate what he thought and he says that he thinks the WRONG wishbones have been fitted.So here i am trying to recheck with CP4L but tere customer service desk is closed on Saturdays.

???Does Anyone have the Toyota part number for mine ,it's an Avensis Estate 2.0 d4d ,1CD FTV engine Estate version March 06 plate.

These are the parts that have already been fitted form Cp4less.@ £53.67 each for right and left side 

https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/suspension-arm-and-suspension-joints

Edited by Exvec
Adddtional question

OK All is now well with the car,but the problem was caused by incorrectly sized parts from a well known online retailer i won't name at the moment because i have an ongoing dispute with them regarding the problems i have had caused by them .If i get no jot from this company in respect of some kind of compensation then i'll name n shame,as a job that should have cost me £150 at the most as cost me £670 because of there crap parts.

If anyones car fails on the wishbones being corroded then message me and i'll tell you where not to buy them from .

On 4/19/2019 at 7:01 PM, Exvec said:

OK All is now well with the car,but the problem was caused by incorrectly sized parts from a well known online retailer i won't name at the moment because i have an ongoing dispute with them regarding the problems i have had caused by them .If i get no jot from this company in respect of some kind of compensation then i'll name n shame,as a job that should have cost me £150 at the most as cost me £670 because of there crap parts.

If anyones car fails on the wishbones being corroded then message me and i'll tell you where not to buy them from .

Hello Michael,

l am glad to hear your current nightmare has ceased.Who would have thought that presumably (if the wishbone was for an Avensis) the Designers/ Manufacturers would have different sizes that are interchangeable on the same Chassis without making some obvious difference to highlight it.Imagine the production costs and confusion on assembly lines.

Sadly, from years of experiencing my own and other people's interactions with large and small corporations, I don't hold out much hope for your chances of a satisfactory financial solution to this particular tale of woe.I hope I'm wrong, but one of my mates used to call me Grey Cloud....until he was the light.

These Forums can be a goldmine for people at the mercy of garages, if they are aware of them.You need to spread the word, obviously there are forums for virtually anything but they all have the same ingredients.People with professional experience, and keen experienced DIYers who are willing to help other people, and good advice about keeping costs down, common problems and solutions.It is crucial to include all information and good photos, even seemingly insignificant details because someone out there could have a lightbulb moment as a result.

I hope you post the results of your efforts 're the Wishbones supplier, as all info is useful and conclusions especially, even old posts are useful to someone in the future. Best of luck M

Right here's an update,This is the the email i sent to Carparts4less a couple of weeks ago..

After purchasing two suspension arms (both left and right) for my Toyota Avensis with part numbers 615820289 and 615820299, it has come to light after having been fitted by my mechanic that the parts in question are sized incorrectly. This has resulted in my car needing extra work as a result of the incorrect sizing. The sizing has been compared to genuine Toyota parts (part numbers 48068-05070 RH and 48069-05070 LH) and they are 10mm shorter where the bottom ball joint fits onto the wishbone part.
As you can imagine this doesn't seem a lot but it is enough to cause problems with handling because of incorrect wheel alignment, to the point where the mechanic had to replace the two front Drive Shafts because of the rattling and general awful and dangerous handling caused by the wrong size parts supplied.

Because of the Inconvenience and extra costs involved in rectifying the problem caused by the parts being the wrong size, I would respectfully hope that I could be reimbursed at least the cost of the aforementioned parts in light of the extra costs falling on myself, with the parts having to be changed twice (once with your parts,and again with alternative parts which turned out to be the correct ones).

I will point out that i have used Carparts4less on numerous occasions before and i have been very pleased with the parts and service supplied. I hope that the matter can be concluded in an agreeable manner, and I do appreciate that problems can and do occur sometimes.

And this is their reply...

f963b08a94f9f32ed9126684a985fd42?size=40

Charlotte (Car Parts 4 Less)

Apr 26, 12:44 BST

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your recent enquiry.

I am sorry as the parts have been fitted and upon investigation i can see were not the correct parts we are unable to accept the parts as a return for a refund.

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused

Charlotte. A
Customer Service Advisor
Car Parts 4 Less Support

?What kind of recourse do i have with this company bearing in mind as a result of them sending me the wrong parts which they now admit to,and it costing me some £600 and odd to put right as opposed to £200.

You would have thought that they would at least offer a token gesture,but it seems like they have washed their hands on the matter ,which to mind is not good for customer relations. 

I would immediately lodge an application with the Small Claims Court. Its easy to do and I have had great success in the past. Don't let them get away with it. CP4L are owned by LKQ Corporation, a multi-billion dollar US company.

You will probably find that they settle the claim out-of-court.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Exvec said:

Charlotte (Car Parts 4 Less)

Apr 26, 12:44 BST

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your recent enquiry.

I am sorry as the parts have been fitted and upon investigation i can see were not the correct parts we are unable to accept the parts as a return for a refund.

I am sorry for any inconvenience cause

That response is disgraceful,not even bothering to address you by name! a standard 'we do not care' response. I agree with Jim, county court, however I would suggest a letter first to the customer service director with details as stated & if no satisfactory outcome (for you) defo CC. It is easy to do online very cheaply. Good luck with it! 👍

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, saxo265 said:

That response is disgraceful,not even bothering to address you by name! a standard 'we do not care' response. I agree with Jim, county court, however I would suggest a letter first to the customer service director with details as stated & if no satisfactory outcome (for you) defo CC. It is easy to do online very cheaply. Good luck with it! 👍

Yes Nick thanks for the reply,i will be writing a letter to their customer services manager if i can find out who it is,if no joy then it will be small claims CC 

• Like 1

As an engineer I can only lay the blame on the guy who fitted the parts it would have been his professional responsibility to check the parts were correct before installing and stopped the install and informed you of the issue .its not the suppliers fault I've had this sort of issue so many times in the past pattern parts are always a risk i.e. Quality of the metal and design they just show you the carrot save money buy this for £25 instead of £150 which starts a series of avents that brought you to were you are now ,costing you more money .

now I'm not trying to put you down or make you angry but in the end you started this whole issue . 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Alan1234 said:

As an engineer I can only lay the blame on the guy who fitted the parts it would have been his professional responsibility to check the parts were correct before installing and stopped the install and informed you of the issue .its not the suppliers fault I've had this sort of issue so many times in the past pattern parts are always a risk i.e. Quality of the metal and design they just show you the carrot save money buy this for £25 instead of £150 which starts a series of avents that brought you to were you are now ,costing you more money .

now I'm not trying to put you down or make you angry but in the end you started this whole issue . 

What do you mean i started this whole issue ,do you work for carparts4less.There is no getting away from the fact that they supplied me with the incorrect spec parts,which were purchased in good faith.I have no reason at all to blame the mechanic who fitted them,and in anycase how the hell can they be checked for sizing unless they can be compared with a VW genuine part at the time.You Are entitled to an opinion,but that's all it is an opinion,but i would appreciate it if you kept your patronising remarks to yourself.

• Like 1

oh I'm so sorry of course your right I humbly apologise ,I hope you take them  bad men to court but I hope you don't get judge rinder I love his saying STUPID lol in a non patronising way 

On 4/5/2019 at 6:53 PM, Exvec said:

Driving home from work earlier about 500m from my house, i heard a metalic knock followed by a crunching sound. So as soon as i arrived on my drive i jacked the car up placed it on axle stands and had a look around and i found this sticking through the rubber drive shaft gaiter...? So i am puzzled as to what this may be.. Cheers for any help in advance. 

IMG_20190405_183343.jpg

Hi Excec.

The thing that troubles mw about this bearing inner trach is how blue it is, suggesting it has got seriously hot and you are 'lucky' further damage didn't occur. I don't want to get involved whose fault it is you having the wrong parts fitted, and I don't think any would stand up in court, you have just been very unlucky as the job cost you much more than what you expected and only you will end up footing the bill, everyone else will deny responsible.

Mike.

• Thanks 1