Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris XP13M Sub install need help

EconoBoxBoy

Hi guys 

I have a 16' yaris and a friend of mine has a spare amp and sub and I am considering buying it for that deeper bass.

The thing is, my car is a Sport editon bone stock and I don't have a lot of eletrical knowlage but too broke to afford someone to install it. Another thing that makes me think twice is that I have the stock radio with no intentions to change it since I only use the bluetooth feature and rear view cam, nothing more.

1) Will the install work with stock sound setup?

2) is there any guide I could follow for the wiring to the car eletrical system and for the wiring to the stock system?

3) from 0 to 10 how hard the job is?

4) how do you take car of car rattles due to bass?

Thanks in advance

Update, I've made my choices, I will be buying an Alpine SWE-815 but my questions still hold me back....

Shouldn't be to hard pal. Just take your time. You might just need an adaptor if your stereo doesn't have rca fitments in back and you might find it easier getting a live sub with amp already built in, less wires all over place. I've found a video on youtube, should hopefully help you get your head around it.    https://youtu.be/z5DtmfJxslY

Sorry didn't read your paragraph at bottom, if you're buying a stereo that'll have all RCA built in. You might need a wiring adapter, mine on my 2008 plate needed one and a steering wheel remote wiring adapter so the steering wheel buttons still worked. better to check now and have them ready, nothing worse than waiting for delivery when you have all fancy sub & head unit. Oh and you'll need a sub/amp wiring kit they're around £20 at Halfords or Amazon. !Removed! adapters and wiring kits will end up costing you £50!!!!,  i needed a new fascia for mine which cost £60🙈😂 unreal pal

Don't bother with the kits that add RCA connections to the factory unit as they are ******* and you can't control anything with the factory headunit.
Save yourself the trouble and money and do it properly with an aftermarket unit or don't bother.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links