Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Aygo Headlights and Beam not working

AMR1000

Just noticed whilst driving today my headlights weren’t working,had to switch to fog lights for the drive!when inspecting I also noticed the full beam not working too!

Seems like everything else is working!My friend said daytime running lights are working too!

I usually just drive with the lights on auto setting!

Any ideas what it could be?

Have you checked the bulbs?? A 2005-2014 Aygo (first generation) has H4 twin filament bulbs and a 2014-on Aygo (second generation) has HIR2 single filament bulbs - both of which uses the same bulb for low and high beam.

It’s a 2015 Aygo!think still has warranty so can take back to Toyota,just getting there!

Ill have to work out how to check bulbs,never done this before,so all new to me

One can download the full owners manual from  https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme#/my-toyota/eManual

Removal of the headlight bulbs will be covered around page 353. You should be able to see whether the bulb filament is broken, and thus not working.

Bear in mind that using the foglights at night instead of the headlights probably won't be legal, and usually when the sidelights/headlights are turned on, the daytime running lights turn off.