Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hybrid Energy monitor not showing any activity while driving??

itm

For some reason the Energy monitor screen isn't displaying the usual activity while driving - i.e. no arrows showing when HV Battery is charging/discharging etc. Is this normal?

20190406_car_display.jpg

No, it isn't normal.  I have never seen this.

Is that every time you drive the vehicle, or was it a one off.

2016 car - dealer - warranty job?

Turns out the problem was a fuse. Now replaced and all back to normal.

Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 4/8/2019 at 11:04 AM, itm said:

Turns out the problem was a fuse. Now replaced and all back to normal.

Thanks for the feedback.

I have this same problem. Pls which fuse did you changed that solved This?

• 2 months later...
On 9/11/2019 at 12:31 PM, Cogbuagu said:

I have this same problem. Pls which fuse did you changed that solved This?

@Coguagu. Check the 12-volt "sensor" sitting on top of the Battery attached to the Battery holding bar. That is most likely the source of the problem. See my reply to your own post in the toyotanation.com

I have somewhat similar issue. Hybrid monitor on the head unit works fine, but the one in the instrument cluster lost an arrow that shows that engine charges the Battery. Engine powering the wheels and EV and regen are showing correctly. Cars works as it should.
Curious if anyone knows what it might be, if not, I will ask my dealer to check it at the next service

• 2 years later...
On 12/11/2019 at 10:32 AM, Rav4ster said:

I have somewhat similar issue. Hybrid monitor on the head unit works fine, but the one in the instrument cluster lost an arrow that shows that engine charges the Battery. Engine powering the wheels and EV and regen are showing correctly. Cars works as it should.
Curious if anyone knows what it might be, if not, I will ask my dealer to check it at the next service

I have the same issue. How did you solve it?

Thank you.

Hi, I was told that it is how it should be by the dealer, they actually showed me another Auris to prove it. To be honest, I have digital speedo on and use hybrid monitor on the head unit. I raised it with Toyota to make sure there is no fault, and there was none.

1 hour ago, Rav4ster said:

Hi, I was told that it is how it should be by the dealer, they actually showed me another Auris to prove it. To be honest, I have digital speedo on and use hybrid monitor on the head unit. I raised it with Toyota to make sure there is no fault, and there was none.

Thank you for the reply... So it is normal... really strange, I am sure that I saw it synchronous (head unit and instrument cluster)....