Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear wheel arches

robc123

I have recently purchased a new Yaris hybrid icon tech and was wondering if the void in the rear wheel arches is correct. Surely this should be covered so as to reduce the amount of rain, dirt etc that will congregate in the void? If this is how it should be when new has anyone managed to retro fit a piece to the arch to prevent this dirt bld up? Cheers.

Photo would be helpful

Good idea, will get to it.

Ours has no liner, and there are voids and the rain dirt etc collects all over it.  Mainly the "ledge" at the forward ends.

Bad design I reckon.  Pity.

Mick.

Think you're right Mick. Wonder f anyone is producing them for the after sale market? Have uploaded a photo for reference.

Arch.jpg

Is that the front of the arch or the rear?

There was a similar arrangement at the front of the wheel arch with the two first generation Auris I had and my current Aygo. Easy to keep clean by using something like a garden hose to hose out the wheel arch when washing the car.

It's the front, rear is enclosed. True but how much did Toyota save by not encasing that portion of the rear arch?

4 minutes ago, robcmar said:

True but how much did Toyota save by not encasing that portion of the rear arch?

Then again the majority of road dirt, etc will be directed at the rear of the arch.

Our previous i20 was simiiar. It isn't so much about cost saving as weight saving.

Reminds me of an old ford lol this won't be a problem if you replace your car's regular. Time will tell but doesn't look very good I would underseal it tbh before it rots because toyota don't seem to rust proof them very well 

Problem with applying additional rustproofing or similar, is that it may adversely affect Toyota's corrosion warranty.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links