Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Turbo problem

Adi1979

Hi new to this any help will be much appreciated bought a rav 4 diesel last week everything fine till yesterday when the engine light came on and the turbo doesn't seem to be working has anybody any ideas? 

Also its started jumping out of 5th gear I've an idea what that is but the turbo is my main concern silly question but could it be related 

Hi Adrian.

Personally I do not think your two problems are related and I'm afraid to say neither job will be cheap to repair, I wish you luck.

Mike.

Return it and get your money back? Just hope it was not a private sale?

1 hour ago, Adi1979 said:

Also its started jumping out of 5th gear I've an idea what that is but the turbo is my main concern silly question but could it be related 

Hello Adi I just joined about an hour ago.Sounds like this is likely to be an inherited problem rather than a coincidence.

last time I had a gearstick doing that was a synchronise ring failed after my mate missed third wearing platform shoes in the seventies.

slim chance it might be outside the box and somethings popped out of line and interfering with the selector.

Turbo problems are often oil related, dirty or starved of. Check any service history concerning both issues, and check the MOT history of your car at the .gov check address, it's handy for sussing out all manner of things that you could be encountering soon.Loads of dodgy "people" giving out certificates for sheds.not saying yours is, but good for getting a feel for the way it's been cared for.

You Tube is handy for getting an Idea about problem solving

Keep us posted, I will do a bit of research.

5th gear is a fault with these ravs very expensive fix and and even if you fit a box yourself it's a real struggle to the other problem could be anything really probably not the actual turbo the easiest way will be to take it back get money back asap 

16 minutes ago, Longcock said:

5th gear is a fault with these ravs very expensive fix and and even if you fit a box yourself it's a real struggle to the other problem could be anything really probably not the actual turbo the easiest way will be to take it back get money back asap 

I don't understand how it was ok for a week then both problems I do tend to agree with master these are unlikely to be related good luck I really do sympathy with you I've been were you are it's horrible please get your money back asap 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Adrian, did you get your problems resolved??

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links