Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Auris 1.3 Oxygen sensor on/off

bluedove

Hello,

I wonder if someone can guide me in the right direction.

I have a Toyota Auris 1.33 year 2009 - problem started last november when engine alarm light turned on. I took it to local garage and they said its o2 front sensor (lamba) needs replacing. I asked for an estimate as could not afford expensive one and been told its part & labour £150 , I got it fixed. Two weeks later light came back on took it back and been told its sensor again as it appears it didn't get installed or because its Toyota so its sensitive and needs replacing. They replaced it free of charge but few weeks later I have got same engine alarm light and sensor light on again. The sensor is installed properly but engine light turns on - it automatically turns itself off after few weeks but then come back on in few hours.

Please can someone help or guide me what I need to do as its costing me fortune and still no way near to permanent fix. 

Could be cheap sensor syndrome.!!!....they often don't last.

assuming it's the same issue...then buy a quality sensor..eg Denso.......with 02 sensors, buying cheap often results in buying twice...and it's false economy.

Apparently on the Auris  some models have heated o2 sensors is the correct one being fitted for your engine model. I not long ago had one changed on the Estima cost with fitting and vat £112.

Had the same issue on my old car, it took them 5 sensor replacements to get it fixed, the sensors were original, but used, so yes, some might be bad, but 4 in a row... It can be a touchy thing to fix.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links