Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hello Toyota lovers

bluedove

You have joined a great club Taz, there are many knowledgeable members on here who can supply most answers to peoples car problems

Del

Hi Taz.

Welcome to the club, we are a friendly bunch. 

Incidentally you say you are in London but your details on the left of your message says you are in Greater Manchester?

Regards, Mike.

Hello Taz - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Hello Taz, welcome to the Toyota Owners Club, a great club full of very helpful people.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you all for your kind welcome as I really appreciate that. 

I have always used Japanese car since I passed my driving test about 13 years ago. I am now in a very difficult situation where I have started to loose my confidence in Toyota. 

I own a Toyota Auris 1.33 for over six months now. Since my purchase I noticed oil consumption to be fairly high. Yesterday on my way back from work "oil pressure low" alarm light start flashing up. Thought better check oil in engine and it was dry, tried several times but there was literally no oil left. How is it possible? I only drove 1500 miles since last full top up? There is no leakage and appears to be driving fine. With zero car knowledge I think I have done well by checking engine oil otherwise garage told me over the phone its "oil sensor" that is faulty and they could charge me £50 part+labour. I have been told engine is wearing out (due to oil consumption) and I should think about selling it cheap but i cannot afford a new car yet.

I am very worried now. I have done a full top up now 2.5 litres still noticing its consuming lots of oil

The car has nearly done 94k up until now.

Please can anyone help or guide me what to do ? 

No way a car with that mileage should be guzzling oil, unless it has been badly neglected re servicing. Have you ever tried to do a service history check. Others more knowledgeable than I will chip in with more information. Have you checked that 2 1/2 let’s is the correct amount for top up ?. Is the oil you’re putting in the correct oil for that model ?.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links