Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Induction Kit Mods

sweedish240

Hi all,

I've had my T Sport Yaris for a couple months now and I feel like its missing something; the mileage is only on 22k so its in mint condition. I've had a look around at cold air intake induction kits, and I keep seeing this K&N one pop up: https://www.knfilters.com/cold-air-intakes/cars-and-trucks/69-8756tp-performance-air-intake-system. I've heard mixed reviews on the K&N filters, plus they're fairly pricey for something with a bad rep. I was wondering if anyone here had changed the air intake on their Yaris (specifically the T Sport if possible), and if it did make a noticeable difference or what brands you would recommend. Links would be awesome and I appreciate any advice possible in this area! The car has no other mods as of yet if that helps.

Thanks,

On 4/10/2019 at 12:03 PM, sweedish240 said:

Hi all,

I've had my T Sport Yaris for a couple months now and I feel like its missing something; the mileage is only on 22k so its in mint condition. I've had a look around at cold air intake induction kits, and I keep seeing this K&N one pop up: https://www.knfilters.com/cold-air-intakes/cars-and-trucks/69-8756tp-performance-air-intake-system. I've heard mixed reviews on the K&N filters, plus they're fairly pricey for something with a bad rep. I was wondering if anyone here had changed the air intake on their Yaris (specifically the T Sport if possible), and if it did make a noticeable difference or what brands you would recommend. Links would be awesome and I appreciate any advice possible in this area! The car has no other mods as of yet if that helps.

Thanks,

Don't waste your money on the K&N ones, you can easily piece one together yourself Google for Yaris/Suzuki maf adapter.

Combine that with a filter of your choice a silicone coupler and a few clips and you are done.

Can't comment on the Yaris but I've had a induction kit, cold air feed, on my late MK2 focus 2.0.. didn't do owt except make a hell of a noise and cost me power.. just drew hot air in from the engine bay even though it was directed away from it. I'm of the opinion that the manufacturer made the stock air box for a reason, if you want it for noise fair enough. If it's for power gains I'd be very doubtful you'd see anything noticeable.. 

My 1.0 Yaris currently has a k&n panel filter and that's only cause I got it cheap. And i can clean and reuse it instead of changing it each service. 

But each to their own I suppose. 

I Fitted a K&N Typhoon system on my mk2 yaris other week, Cant feel much difference to the standard K&N induction system i had on if I'm honest!!  So don't waste £350, just get the £100 kit pal. Youll definitely feel a difference in the way it drives and feels.