Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aux belt tension

Dave 1981

Just a quick question, bought my 2006 1kr-fe Yaris a new OEM aux belt.. my handbook gives me the deflection for a used belt, 9.00mm-11mm.l, but what's the deflection for a new belt, can't be the same I'm sure. I've asked my local Toyota dealer and got nowhere which is surprising.

Anyone happen to know? 

Doesn't matter found the answer

Share it Dave, that’s the purpose of the forum 

Spoke with the Toyota dealer in chesterfield and explained what I wanted to know and they said it's the same for a new belt as it is for an old belt, 9-11mm deflection, but set it nearer the 9mm then after 500mile check it again as it will have bedded in and might want tightening a bit.

Ended up putting a complaint in at my Sheffield branch, waiting 30 mins for someone from parts to even see me, customer parking spaces took up with demo cars so I had to park on road on double yellows. Not impressed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2019 at 7:18 AM, Dave 1981 said:

Spoke with the Toyota dealer in chesterfield and explained what I wanted to know and they said it's the same for a new belt as it is for an old belt, 9-11mm deflection, but set it nearer the 9mm then after 500mile check it again as it will have bedded in and might want tightening a bit.

Ended up putting a complaint in at my Sheffield branch, waiting 30 mins for someone from parts to even see me, customer parking spaces took up with demo cars so I had to park on road on double yellows. Not impressed.

Thanks Dave, you did right to put in a complaint. Toyota pride themselves on customer relations and customer satisfaction, so dealerships which do not live up to the highest standards should be noted to Toyota.

I'm axt very impressed with the response someone from the Sheffield branch rang me. Apologised.. assured me they will make changes to the car park layout and the service dept. Offered me a 10% discount on my next service or spare part purchase I make. 

Gd to see a company that act show care. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links