Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question on 5 year warranty

paulngui

Will getting an MOT (without a service) somewhere other than a Toyota authorised garage void the 5 year warranty on my car?  TIA.

No. Although to retain the warranty parts of equivalent standard to Toyota's should be used and the onus is on you to have proof of this in the event of a warranty claim which is dependent on correct servicing being carried out.

Looking at your profile, you are showing a 2014 Yaris, which may already be outside the 5 year new car warranty, or nearing the end of the warranty.

56 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

No. Although to retain the warranty parts of equivalent standard to Toyota's should be used and the onus is on you to have proof of this in the event of a warranty claim which is dependent on correct servicing being carried out.

Looking at your profile, you are showing a 2014 Yaris, which may already be outside the 5 year new car warranty, or nearing the end of the warranty.

Ok great, many thanks for the reply.  Makes total sense.  You're correct on the car - it was first registered September 2014, so I'm assuming it runs out September this year.