Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

stereo

rpearson1967@aol.com

Hi looking for help, i have a 2014 avensis active with basic stereo i have upgraded to panasonic 86140-05180 multimedia, the stereo plays fine but no gps signal or bluetooth connection, can anyone tell me what i need to get this up and running. thanks

Have you connected a GPS antenna? That is my first thought. You say there is no bluetooth to pair to. bluetooth is built into the stereo. Have you got the instructions? 

Out of interest, did your basic stereo have bluetooth? I would upgrade my older basic stereo which has Bluetooth for voice only to the later version with music playback. I would need to see the rear sockets to compare. It needs to have USB or CD changer port so I can connect my USB adapter. 

In the meantime, I will look for answers to your query. 

my old stereo had bluetooth, this other one says bluetooth searching but that is it,someone said it will need a bluetooth module, it doesnt have a gps antenna i am looking for the correct one to fit but cant find one.

stereo.jpg

stereo 2.jpg

Toyota Avensis 2014 T27 SAT NAV CD RADIO HEAD UNIT 86140-05180 multimedia

have taken syereo back out until i can understand what i need to get it fully working,,below are pics of back of stereo and the cables that are not bieng used

s1.JPG

IMG_0066.JPGs3.JPG

s2.JPG

Looking at your pics you don't appear to have the GPS module ( see ) without this there is no Nav, bluetooth is integrated in the head unit, it sounds like the head unit is looking for a previous paring have a look at the owners manual and see if you can get a new phone paired ( head unit manual )

This has been done before. Have a look at the following - 

The units might be different, but the extra sockets on the Nav units are fairly similar.  

On 4/11/2019 at 2:43 PM, rpearson1967@aol.com said:

my old stereo had bluetooth, this other one says bluetooth searching but that is it,someone said it will need a bluetooth module, it doesnt have a gps antenna i am looking for the correct one to fit but cant find one.

stereo.jpg

stereo 2.jpg

Thanks for the photos, but they are very small! 🔬😂 
Did your bluetooth on the old stereo play music and relay satnav directions from the phone? I was hoping to see clear photos of the rear sockets, as this could make my mind change my unit! The W53828 bluetooth only supports voice calls, and voice directions from iPhone and Windows phones. There is no multimedia/music support. Android phones need full multimedia Bluetooth, so only voice calls are supported. Toyota updated the basic stereos bluetooth to support multimedia. This is why I am interested.

When you got your Nav stereo, did it come with the SD card? Without the SD card, the stereo won't function properly. I think you have the SD card or the stereo would be working at all.  

thanks for your help

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links