Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Rav4 spotted on the road

Southern Softy

Hi all,

Spotted a new Rav4 in the wild today down South, it had a personnel place so was not a demo drive so I presume they are starting to be made available now.

I've only seen one so far, and it was the demonstrator from a Toyota dealer about 5 miles away (not my dealer, although in the same group).

I've seen one yesterday twice, deffo not a demonstrator, same guy was driving it and it was few hours between me seeing it repeatedly.

My second test drive lasted 2 days, but you'd have still known it was a demo from all the dealer's signage on the sides!

Although when they lent me a Prius demonstrator 3 years ago there were no tell-tale signs.

no sighting in Manchester or Stockport yet, only seen 2 rav4's at dealers. I hope these come soon

• 1 month later...

Just seen my first one going over the A47 bridge at Great Yarmouth - it had personalised plates so I seriously doubt it's a demonstrator. 

Still no further news on mine 🙁

Spoke to my dealership today, over the last few weeks they has released about 2 per week to customers!!  So they are defo arriving.

This is like being a twitcher. Publish the location and everyone will be there will be there with their cameras, spot scopes and binoculars! 😉 !

1 minute ago, Tomfromfife said:

This is like being a twitcher. Publish the location and everyone will be there will be there with their cameras, spot scopes and binoculars! 😉 !

I went through the same thing 3 years ago when I got my Gen 4 Prius.

Officially launched 1st March, I ordered in Feb, got a test drive in March and took delivery 10th June.  In fact, I didn't see any (not even demos, apart from the 1 I drove) until some time after I got mine.

dealership rang today my car RAV4 Excel awd   in Obsidian blue due towards the end of June  was told 12 August  

My Obsidian Blue due mid to end of June ordered end of February. I think a lot of cars came over 24/25th May and going through the Portbury, Bristol port depot processing like fitting non factory fitted options.

I was very lucky - went into local Toyota garage to finalise the end of my wife's Yaris contract, and booked a test drive in the latest Rav4 Hybrid there and then. Luckily they had just had an Obsidian Blue Excel dropped off, and I picked it up a week later (13th May).

We both love the Rav4

Had my Excel AWD since 3rd May fd6371e5eb06c50e1d064d71d3a1f377.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm, getting common now 😅

Just saw a red (maroon?) one in my gym's car park - looked like an Excel judging by the seat material.

Also saw the dark grey (ish) one with personal plates near Yarmouth again recently.

That's all though.

Hmm, getting common now [emoji28]
Just saw a red (maroon?) one in my gym's car park - looked like an Excel judging by the seat material.
Also saw the dark grey (ish) one with personal plates near Yarmouth again recently.
That's all though.
Excel is the only one with real leather.

25 minutes ago, daiashthomas said:

Excel is the only one with real leather.

Yes, that's what it looked like.

• Like 1

Yes, that's what it looked like.

Had a day off today, Made a few tip runs in my MK2 today, and went for a chat with this old chap in his new Excel. Identical to mine, lives about 5 miles away. [emoji23]

He ordered same time as me, and only had it last week, trailer on, his new Rav4's maiden voyage down to the tip. [emoji23] 3cd438a1d201a9ff0c5318a270e64247.jpgb742c06ae373964d8953404e5c2d13c1.jpg

I have ordered a Dynamic and was delighted to hear the leather was Vegan friendly!!!  My partner is vegetarian, very forward thinking!

• Thanks 1

I have ordered a Dynamic and was delighted to hear the leather was Vegan friendly!!!  My partner is vegetarian, very forward thinking!

Balls to that, the cows are getting eaten anyway [emoji23] so PU leather (fake stuff) is surely bad for the environment.

• Haha 1

Still a rare sight in the South. I regularly travel home counties and West London and have only seen maybe 5 in total... Nice analogy about becoming like twitches...  Its true!!

Until I take delivery of my Awd Excel I'm looking out for them wherever I go... I thought the Rav was selling extremely well but delivery must be delayed for many... No doubt loads around when I finally take receipt of my own.... 

Keep twitching!!!! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Are we not seeing any or has interest waned?

I saw another one a couple of days ago - driver grinned and gave a 👍 as he went past, which I returned.  This one was a deep red (Pearl?), same as the one I saw in my gym car park a couple of weeks or so ago - no idea if it's the same one.

This was on the Gorleston bypass - anyone here pass a white one with black door protection strips (and give aforementioned hand signal)?

Still pretty rare around here.

Just been to the Silverstone Classic. Drove all the way there without seeing a single RAV4 let alone a 2019 model. Pulled up in the camping field to be directed to the tent pitch and drove up behind not only a 2019 RAV-4, but identical spec. and colour to mine! Never saw another one for the rest of the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

A month later on and still apparently a rarity in the South?? 

Still no change to my mid September projected delivery slot!! 

Fingers crossed 🤞

Been over 2 weeks since my last sighting, but another today as I entered Beccles in Suffolk - this one was Obsidian Blue (I think, may have been Decuma Grey - didn't have much time to study it due to busy traffic - it was entering a roundabout as I was leaving it).

That makes number 3 if I don't count the local (not my) dealer's demonstrator and a second sighting of the same car (the one with personalised plates) a while back.