Do Not Sell My Personal Information

C-HR EV and Corolla PHEV

HSDish

The C-HR EV and is already on sale in China and will be earning green car credits for Toyota.

The C-HR is produced by a Joint Venture Toyota has with GAC Group, and the IZOA is produced by Toyota's Joint Venture with First Automobile Works, who also produces the Toyota Prius.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The C-HR EV and is already on sale in China and will be earning green car credits for Toyota.

The C-HR is produced by a Joint Venture Toyota has with GAC Group, and the IZOA is produced by Toyota's Joint Venture with First Automobile Works, who also produces the Toyota Prius.

Have You heard anything more about Corolla PHEV , or any other new PHEV model

These will be the first three (C-HR, IZOA (effectively the same as the C-HR) and Corolla) - targeting China first due to China's policy on production of EV.s, etc. Europe will come later.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Any idea as to the EV range of the Corolla? Considerig whether I should wait for the Plugin or go with the regular 1.8. Will be keeping the car for 8 years. 

• Like 1

As far as I'm aware, no performance details have been released for the C-HR or Corolla EV's.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Nicolai said:

Any idea as to the EV range of the Corolla? Considerig whether I should wait for the Plugin or go with the regular 1.8. Will be keeping the car for 8 years. 

my guess would be that you won't see anything in Europe before 2022/23 ...

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Don't seems like the pure electric C-HR has sold so much that expected, in China

https://electricvehicleweb.in/toyota-c-hr-electric-first-photos/

Is there any official reason why the pure electric version of C-HR aint available in Europe ?

The C-HR EV's in China were produced with two Chinese manufacturers as part of existing joint ventures (Guangzhou-Toyota and FAW-Toyota) rather than being pure Toyota.

China also revised legislation which originally stopped sales of ICE and hybrid vehicles from 2030, and allowed hybrids to continue to be sold after that date, so the pressure to sell just pure EV's in China by 2030 has receded.

• Thanks 1