Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Diesel purge help needed please

peter.ling24@gmail.com

IMG_20190414_102422.thumb.jpg.9aee416f339cfe8c2e18f4017debd11c.jpg

Hi,

Can anyone please identify which two fuel pipes I use to perform a diesel purge.

It's on a 2005 2.2 D4D engine. Please see enclosed photograph. Have tried to label each fuel pipe with a white stripe. 1-4.

Have searched the forum regarding "purge" and although interesting, not specific enough to be helpful in my case. 

Would appreciate the answer and any further suggestions on this topic. Am a little surprised with how many views this topic has had, but not with a single reply or suggestion.

Peter

Hi.

It looks like the pipes come off quite easily, poring them with hot water will make them more pliable  and make them easier to remove, one by one i'd remove each pipe and refitting each one once you've purged that one just by cranking the engine over so one pipe will pour diesel out, the one from the tank and another will pour diesel from the pump and I am guessing the 3rd pipe will be a return back to the tank, a return pipe if you like. You may have to purge/bleed out the air at the injectors once you have purged the fuel pump as you will of introduced air into the system.

Mike.

Hi mike169

thank you for replying to my topic. I appreciate your advice and will use it. I have some diesel purge fluid which I want to run through the engine. It apparently cleans injectors and removed a any build up of carbon on pistons/piston rings which I understand can lead to head gasket issues if left to build up on my engine.

I’ve seen it performed on YouTube.  2 fuel pipes used from the top of the fuel filter and both submerged into the liquid cleaner creating a fuel/purge circuit. The engine is run for about 20 minutes or so at different RPM. That’s all I want to do. 

Thanks again mike169.

peter

• Like 1

Never heard of purge fluid.

This fluid you've got:  could you not just add it into the fuel tank?. Any fuel pipes you remove might, I say "might", actually allow air into the system, which you'd then have to bleed out.

I used to use a Millers diesel fuel additive, which amongst other things, claimed to clean the injectors.  It was added when filling up the tank.

Hi Peter.

Here's something I would consider and it's not that expensive and I believe they will come to your house or if you Google them it should show you a local trusted garage that can do this treatment , also the technician might be able to give you some advise that I feel could benefit you. Keep us posted on here to let us all know how you are getting on.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tetraclean+engine&oq=tetraclean&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.11591j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Regards, Mike.

Hi everyone,

This is what I intend to use for the diesel purge.

Peter

IMG_20190422_130313.jpg

Hi Mike169

I've looked into this and certainly appreciate your thread. I think it's a similar method used but the liqui moly diesel purge has a very good reputation and I would like to perform the clean. I don't want it aggressively cleaned. I want to do it myself as I can max the RPM upto 3,000.

Thanks again

Peter

Hello everyone,

Have managed at last to identify the diesel the fuel lines on top of the fuel filter of my 2.2 D4D. As per the photograph of the fuel lines converging on top of the fuel filter.

Line 1: high pressure feed to engine.

Line ll: low pressure return from engine.

Line lll: from fuel tank.

Line llll: return to tank.

I am NOT a car technician so please do not accept this as completely correct.

After I have performed the diesel purge I will be in a much better position to clarify.

Will let you know how I get on.

Peter

Good luck Peter & hope all goes well with it 👍😉

Thanks saxo265.

I will have to wait till next week now to do this. Busy weekend. Appreciate you following my endeavour.

regards

peter

• Like 1

Hi guys

Sadly my diesel purge will have to wait a little longer. Recent service found a cracked weld on the sump which is leaking oil and a lower suspension arm that needs replacing due to rust. I need to get these things repaired first.

Regards

Peter

• Sad 1

Hi Peter.

Sorry to read about your sump, just an idea, a boat I had and the diesel tank was leaking I mixed up Araldite glue and once the area was 100% perfectly clean I applied the glue, left it 24 hours, refilled the tank and it is still fine about 7 years later.

Good luck mate, Mike.

Hi mike169

What an excellent idea. Never thought of that!

Hopefully, I'll get the opportunity to look this weekend. 

Thank you Mike.

Regards

Peter