Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shorter radio antenna to Prius+ ?

HSDish

Is there any shorter radio antenna (aftermarket/part) available thet works on Prius+ ?

The antenna hits the garage door when I drive the pRius+ in to the garage.

Ive thought of swaping antennas betwen our Auris TS HSD and the Prius+ since Auris is lower , but I would rather find an even shorter than the one at Auris

Not really familiar with the Prius+ but would a 'shark fin' style aerial, as fitted to the Gen 4 Prius I believe, be suitable? Would like one for my Gen 3 if they're available.

I asked my local Toyota dealer about this today but they didn't recomend to replace the antenna , although there is some aftermarket antennas incl shark fin available, cause they think it would, or at least could affect the radio reception negative.

I will test to swap antennas betwen my Prius+2017 and Auris TS HSD 2014 anyway (no shark fin though), and try to hear/see if theres any negative difference.

• 2 weeks later...

Swaped antennas betwen my Prius+2017 and Auris TS HSD 2014, which worked well so...

I bought an aftermarket antenna which is less than half the length of the orginal Prius+ one, and it works well. Easy to swap to.

There was Shark Fins to but they seems to need a lot more "surgery"

Now our Prius+ goes clear under the garage enter top

1.thumb.jpg.958d13a70584ba89bc3d268a1f069110.jpgDSC_0651.thumb.JPG.f831d47584e8ac5dea6ce5c143de1d21.JPG1183610256_DSC_0641-kopia(2).thumb.JPG.4e7ff100314efdc3c543cd79ce958bef.JPG

Shark Fin

DSC_0655.thumb.JPG.8de8eeadcbefaaef1c1de4829fcbe880.JPGDSC_0654.thumb.JPG.4a5f252acb1f6e88c7107f64ed2a6c3f.JPG

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

After having used the shorter antennamast for a few weeks...how much of a drop in reception did you experience...if any? 🙂

17 hours ago, @lpher said:

After having used the shorter antennamast for a few weeks...how much of a drop in reception did you experience...if any? 🙂

I have not experienced any reception drop at all 🙂

Ahh...good 🙂

Technically there will be a difference, but as long as it is not noticeable...we're good 🙂

• 2 years later...

You could’ve gotten an antenna from the really early facelift cars (2015-2016) Prius+ and they would’ve cleared it