Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2 lights on dash after removing pads and refitting

mart rotherham

2006 Corolla estate 2lt turbo D4D
I removed rear pads both sides yesterday as they were quite tight . None Toyota parts if that is relevant. I filed down the edges of the metal backplates and refitted. Much better fit now. Also pushed one of the pistons back in on near side.

The thing is, since doing the job I have now got the red Battery light  & the fluid reservoir light illuminated on the dash.

On trying the car after the job the lights did go out when braking while going down an incline and I thought it had been sorted, but they came back on after a few minutes.

What could be the problem?

Not heard of poor fitting brake pads before, were they really cheap unbranded ones ?    Are you 100% sure they are the right ones for your exact model ?

As allan333 says, have you checked the master cylinders fluid level  ?

If you pushed a caliper piston back too fast and forcefully  you might have lost some fluid from the master cylinder or perhaps damaged or dislodged the level sensor ?? thats Assuming you did not let the brake fluid  out via the caliper bleed nipple when pushing the piston back ?

You have to loosen the cap on the brake fluid reservoir to push or wind a piston back in else you'll over pressurise the brake system and cause errors, else the reservoir should be filled to the max level. The "incline" you mentoned appears to point to this.

I think that may well be the issue/cause DeTomato, as I forgot to loosen/ remove the cap to permit air to escape. What is the fix for this?

Loosen each brake nipple to de-pressurise and bleed the air from the system.

• Thanks 1