Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo P0812 reverse input circuit problem

Jane77

Hi,

I've been searching for any advice on this. My cars a 2007 plate and I'm not sure if it's worth fixing. I only just had the clutch done for the second time and I've only had it 3 years

The problem is that as soon as I put the car in reverse gear the transsision symbol appears on the dash board until I switch the engine off. 

Grateful if anyone can shed some light on this, I've had all the basics checked over at the garage but they don't deal with semi automatic gear boxes.

P0812

The transmission control ECU detects the following conditions simultaneously:

(1 trip detection logic)

1. Shift and select stroke sensor send R position signal (information signal) to the transmission control ECU

2. Back up light switch is OFF for 0.5 seconds

• Shift stroke sensor

• Select stroke sensor

• Back up light switch assembly

• Open or short in back up light switch circuit

• Transmission control ECU

The fault is set because the Transmission see's you have moved the shift lever to reverse but the reverse light switch signal has not been recognised  

Simple one to check, seen it before, do you have a reverse light when in reverse as I have seen it before where clutch installer forgot to reconnect the reverse light switch and this set DTC P0812