Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Polishing headlights experience

Dereklad

Hello you georgeous aygo people..

im derek from birmingham and id like to know has anybody ever had cloudy aygo headlight lenses and polished that out..i had an advisory last year and dont fancy buying new ones..i bought a polish mop and aluminium polish off Amazon,no drill yet..

has anyone has any success doing this..

thanks

I've got an Estima, it had cloudy headlights cleaned them with Brasso that didn't work that good I then used wet and dry very fine sand paper worked very well and pleased with the result.

Quite a few members (not just Aygo owners) have restored their headlights using a variety of methods from toothpaste to headlight restoration kits - https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=Headlight+restoration&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

On 4/24/2019 at 9:53 AM, TP49 said:

I then used wet and dry very fine sand paper worked very well and pleased with the result.

Works fine, I've done a couple of cars with this method. Be sure to mask off the surrounding paintwork in case you slip 🙂

I’ve cleaned our headlamps twice now, used a machine polisher and G3 compound.

Not as bad as the ones you have but should be fixable 👍🏻

Before & afterwards.

9BDDAB1C-CEFE-4E5C-B759-020A39DA5E14.jpeg

A98A9D50-0A8A-4D06-BBC7-674225CB5977.thumb.jpeg.0f05ff8cebcc6cfb3f48c1a0ee71ccd4.jpeg

Any car paint abrasive polish such as paint restorer will transform them.They are coated with clear lacquer that fades in the sun, if they are wet flatted & re lacquered they come up like new.

On 4/24/2019 at 1:13 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

Quite a few members (not just Aygo owners) have restored their headlights using a variety of methods from toothpaste to headlight restoration kits - https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=Headlight+restoration&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

Yes, there are videos on YouTube showing impressive results!

I tried, it worked indeed but the effect did not last long.

Ok i spent 30 mins on each headlight  im sure that will pass at the toyota centre birmingham when i have my mot and service done thanks people..i used a mop polisher and aluminium polish off Amazon..

9FB96FFB-46F9-4CFE-B1B0-9DC137C56549.jpeg

• Like 1