Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Error C1201

rik1002

Hi All

Wonder if someone can help point me in the right direction.I drive a 2009 Toyota RAv4 D-4D VX

I went on holiday last week. I was overtaking on a up hill accelerating quite quickly the car all of a sudden lost power. 4x4 system failure and Engine Control Failure were flashing on the screen.

I pulled over and disconnected the Battery and drove on again with no problems.

Nothing happened again for another 5 days. 

Now coming back today same thing happened twice and both times are when I was accelerating to over take on a up hill.

I plugged in a diagnostic cable and it came up with error C1201 and C1441. Am I assuming that error C1441 is triggered due to the loss in power.

After reading I see that C1201 is triggered something else. I have gone through all the other systems and only find another error in the Aircon section B1421 and B1424, something about Solar sensor circuit.

Anyone have any idea's on this one?

Regards

Ryan

C1201 Engine control system malfunction signal continues for 1 second or more.

Engine control system

C1201 is a sub code and only set because there is another fault code setting a warning light

C1441 When the brake pedal load sensing switch and master cylinder pressure sensor are functioning normally and the brake pedal load sensing switch is judged as on, the pressure signal from the master cylinder pressure sensor does not indicate an increase. Brake booster assembly

Hi. Thanks for answering.

Is the C1441 error the main culprit then?

Assuming your code reader is fully compatible and there are no hidden codes stored that your code reader doesn't understand, then yes C1441 is indicating an issue with your brake booster, see www.toyota-tech.eu for access to Toyota diagnostic info ( payable but can be accessed by the hour and all the info is downloadable/printable )

Hi.

I have one of these and was using the supplied Toyota Techstream software.

I have also attached the Freeze frame data if that will be any help

20190424_201202_resized.jpg