Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine change

Sparkzs

Hi there I have a Toyota 1.0vvt I IQ and would like to change the engine to a 1.3 vvti would it be a fairly straight forward exchange or would there be a lot of changes to engine bay electrics power steering etc? Please advise

Title edited to reflect the subject of the topic.

8 hours ago, Sparkzs said:

Hi there I have a Toyota 1.0vvt I IQ and would like to change the engine to a 1.3 vvti would it be a fairly straight forward exchange or would there be a lot of changes to engine bay electrics power steering etc? Please advise

The first question that always comes to mind is...WHY.?.....generally this sort of change (ie different unit) is anything BUT straight forward and very often impossible.

Hi.

I am not 100% sure but I would imagine the 1.33 has different suspension, more powerful brakes and so on so I agree with Leigh on the post above just buy a 1.33 and assuming you are wanting a 1.33 for more power I have seen superchargers available for this engine but where I can't remember but I am sure if you Google it first before you spend any money you will know what route to take.

Regards, Mike.

Suspension is different, front springs anyway. Think the brakes are the same. 

Biggest challenge would be the ECU which is probably coded to the keys / security system / dashboard so that would all need changing. 

Different exhaust, gear lever, engine mounts, air con pipes, coolant pipes etc. etc.
Seriously not worth the hassle, buy a 1.33 car if you really want one.

Craig.