Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sensible storage

Jonmartin

I’ve just bought one of these, it makes a useful storage bin even more useful. Don’t know why Toyota don’t fit them as standard.

49EB34FA-8D11-48FB-BA9F-13DD0D04CA56.jpeg

8359E3E7-B245-4FE7-B154-E7ACDB9ECC13.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I imagine that a link would be useful for others ... 😉

• 1 month later...
On 4/25/2019 at 10:51 PM, Heidfirst said:

I imagine that a link would be useful for others ... 😉

You’re right, I didn’t think.

I found it on Amazon. Search for ‘Toyota Centre Console’

• 2 years later...
On 4/25/2019 at 2:54 PM, Jonmartin said:

I’ve just bought one of these, it makes a useful storage bin even more useful. Don’t know why Toyota don’t fit them as standard.

49EB34FA-8D11-48FB-BA9F-13DD0D04CA56.jpeg

8359E3E7-B245-4FE7-B154-E7ACDB9ECC13.jpeg

I made mine a wireless charging tray, as replaced the biggest mat with a wireless charging mat, made a hole for the USB plug to go through the bottom, and plug into the 12v outlet below.

• Like 4

I fitted one a couple of weeks ago. I only found out this morning what a horrible tinny rattling sound was inside the cab. It was the pound coins knocking together in the coin slots.

• Haha 4

It was the first accessory I bought. Absolutely brilliant piece of aftermarket kit.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2022 at 12:11 PM, Tango T5 said:

I made mine a wireless charging tray, as replaced the biggest mat with a wireless charging mat, made a hole for the USB plug to go through the bottom, and plug into the 12v outlet below.

Very clever- wondering what wireless mat you used and did it fit in the tray neatly?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-QI-Wireless-Fast-Charging-Charger-Pad-Mat-Non-Slip-Holder-For-IPhone-Samsung-/363702618430?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

This is the item I bought. It fits in the largest of the tray compartments, with a bit of a gap around each edge (measure yours first to make sure). It's not on show anyway, so was worried about it being overly neat. Will add a photo when I've got 5 mins.

• Like 1

Looking good. You hardly notice it there. It's a pretty good fit.

• 10 months later...

Just. bought one as well- brilliant simple idea as it saveds digging around in the deep pocket.

I just wish the storage pocket had a light in it.

• 6 months later...

In the Toyota accessories, I noticed that purpose designed individual storage compartments are available to fit in the luggage area.  I cannot see any fixing points for these in my C-HR - are they meant to be loose fitting or does one have to fit necessary attachments?

• 2 weeks later...