Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Apple Carplay / Android Auto - any news

Southern Softy

bit tricky when you are doing off a mobile phone, I never at any point said "as I posted earlier" I clearly stated "From an earlier Post" didn't realize it was a copyright issue, or even a possible disciplinary issue, seems somewhat draconian, anyone who had read the thread who have already seen it anyway, I was merely reproducing it.. without a claim

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, chris ha said:

bit tricky when you are doing off a mobile phone, I never at any point said "as I posted earlier" I clearly stated "From an earlier Post" didn't realize it was a copyright issue, or even a possible disciplinary issue, seems somewhat draconian, anyone who had read the thread who have already seen it anyway, I was merely reproducing it.. without a claim

Whether it was posted using a mobile phone, tablet or computer, doesn't matter. THe phrase 'from an earlier post' doesn't differentiate whether the original post was yours or another member's. If the moderaton had been draconian, you may have received a formal warning or been restricted from posting for a period of time - down to the moderator's discretion - which you haven't. 

Please return to the topic subject.

I would rather not bother posting to be honest....

OK, that's your choice.

Back to the topic subject - Apple Carplay / Android Auto - any news.  

I just want the functionality in my Rav4, I believe from previous posts (not mine) that Toyota Australia have agreed to update free of charge the "early adopters" who bought from the initial roll out where no such functionality was available... However I'm of the impression that the head unit in Australia is different or runs on different software to the UK version. 

As refreshing as it is to hear its on its way for new models. I want Toyota to follow suit and upgrade my woeful infotainment free of charge here in the UK too... 

Come on Toyota... Put me out of misery!! 

Doubt whether Toyota will announce details of any upgrades until after the 2020 Rav4 with the MM19 multimedia unit goes on sale.

19 hours ago, Ezcritique said:

I just want the functionality in my Rav4, I believe from previous posts (not mine) that Toyota Australia have agreed to update free of charge the "early adopters" who bought from the initial roll out where no such functionality was available... However I'm of the impression that the head unit in Australia is different or runs on different software to the UK version. 

It is, Entune3 v Touch2 - hardware & software are different.

• Thanks 1

Thats very true, what I heard was they will start installing "Gen 3" whatever that means, so it could well be hardware change that can be upgraded/// only guessing,

Thanks for the clarification Heidfirst.... So I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up just yet then?!😭

Guys, I don’t know about you but I’m really sick getting fobbed off about this whole issue.  Are we getting a retro upgrade and if so when?  It’s just not good enough for us to be told ‘we are working on it’.  The current sat nav is so bad it’s actually dangerous, if I don’t change my settings every time I start the car I’m really not sure what lane to take off at round about etc.  I think we all need to bombard Toyota customer services with emails? 

Sorry couldn't resist... But on a more serious note you are absolutely right... 

Well we shall see what this "Gen 3 " units that they will start factory fitting in the next few weeks

I am being a total pain in the Toyota backside, Twitter, Facebook, Toyota directly, I get standard answer (when they can be bothered) every time, Gen3 seems to have everything we want to make our systems what we were expecting (in my case promised).Adrian is so right about the system we have been fobbed off with and is one of two reasons I chopped in my C-HR after just three months! 

maybe it will have a brilliant sat nav and superb sound system!

And maybe the sky will fall down....

The only way Toyota will listen is if they hear a collective voice as the can just "fob off" an individual and frequently roll out the stock answer.. 

Truly, it is NOT good enough, if they have agreed to retro upgrade for free in Oz they shouldbedoing the same here!!! 

• Like 1

On 10/16/2019 at 10:45 AM, chris ha said:

from a previous post

There are MY20 & MY20.5 Model update coming:RAV4 MY20 Spec Changes from October 19 Production.• AVAS (Acoustic Vehicle Approach system).• New regulations require electric vehicles to make artificial noise • Introduction of AVAS (Acoustic Vehicle Approach system) for MY20 RAV4. • Sound frequency will be shifted based on vehicle speed • One unified sound for Toyota globally• Anti Theft Relay Prevention• A vibration sensor will be added to the smart entry system, which is standard on all grades. This will improve theft protection by assisting in preventing relay attacks. How it works: • When the key is not moving or vibrating, such as when it is placed on a table, it does not transmit a signal via radio waves. Therefore, the signal cannot be intercepted and re-translated to the car.RAV4 MY20.5 Spec Changes from January 20 production• Apple Car Play, Android Auto and Over-the-air map updates.• Introduction of MM19 and therefore Apple Car Play, Android Auto and Over-the-air map updates.Orders placed/accepted before 30th Sept will be price protected for specification upgrade costs, orders after 30th Sept will incur cost increase £ TBC.No news on adding AA/ Carplay to existing cars as yet.

i have tried posting the info on the official toyota site and it never gets posted by the moderator

Hope it’s ok I copied and pasted the above post to my supplying dealer and his response was as follows 

Hi Teresa,

Nice to hear from you.

Yes I had a nice time away thank you.

Your Rav4 is still looking good for March registration and delivery.

Yes the Apple car play is being added to the 20.5 models, but this is going to reflect in a cost increase of around £500 we are being told by Toyota. 

Your car will not have the Apple car play, however it will be available as a retro fit option of which again I am told will cost approx £500 thus not making any difference due to your car being cheaper.

If you decide to fit later in the future then it will always be an option

The 20.5 models will not be available for delivery until at least summer if not September, as Toyota are still producing the current order bank they have.

Regards

Thanks Teresap that’s good and bad news can I ask when did you place your order sorry just looked 15th August

Edited by Buff69
Found the answer

Hi Teresap..........  you order the FWD or the AWD version?

I see on another forum that the 2020 MY is out already with Android Auto as standard, just shows how far behind the U.K. is in the pecking order !

The US is Toyota's main market, and US models use a different multimedia unit to Europe.

The bottom line seems to be to buy and retrofit a compatible unit that has Apple Play & Android Auto as standard, as Toyota really don't seem that bothered now that they have our money. I have been looking but not sure which unit will fit the 2019, not lose any standard features but give Apple Play, any recommendations please?