Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Apple Carplay / Android Auto - any news

Southern Softy

earliest delivery in UK with car play will be March 2020

• 3 weeks later...

Afternoon, all.

Just rolled in to the local Toyota dealership during my lunch and asked them about setting up my Apple car play. (MY20, JBL audio)

Todays information is that there is an upgrade ‘kit’ which will be delivered to all dealers, comprising a small hardware change (bezel and buttons) as well as software upgrades. This kit should have been available for the start of the year, but has been delayed (no reason given to the dealers by Corp). They have now been told that the kits will be available in May, and the installation fee will be £50 if you car is in for a service, or £150 if it is only in for the upgrade.

So, for all those customers eagerly awaiting their cars with a ‘guarantee’ from their dealer that it will be installed, brace yourself. Your dealer cannot install what he doesn’t have, no matter what may have been promised...

Already covered in Devon Aygo's topic - 

• 5 months later...

I was told by Toyota Customer Services pre Covid19 that the software upgrade would be available for free during a Toyota service or otherwise for £50 hopefully by May this year. I had my 2019 Rav4 serviced in June and was told that covid had delayed the upgrade. I contacted Customer Services about three weeks ago and they said the virus issue had delayed the upgrade and couldn't give a new rollout date. It's a great car, but sadly let down in this regard - it should have had CarPlay to begin with, particularly due to it's own poor navigation system.

Hi Steve02,

I got this reply on from Toyota GB customer services 16/07/2020:-

Thank you for your email.

We will be introducing a retrofit for the model year 2019 RAV4 which will include Apple Carplay and Android Auto in October. Your local Toyota dealer will be able to carry out the retrofit. 

I hope this helps and thank you for taking the time to contact us.

• Like 1

Locked - see more recent topic :