Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis safety recall.

paul9

Just noticed that Toyota have a new safety recall on my 2007 D4D 2.0 litre. I don't know what it is for yet, as I only saw it on the DVLA website whilst checking the MOT. It was dated from 25th of April. Other Avensis owners may want to check.

One can use Toyota's recall checker to determine whether your car is affected by any outstanding recalls or voluntary service campaigns - https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/vehicle-information/recall-checker-info#/iframe/https%3A%2F%2Fforms.toyota.co.uk%2Frecall-checker

There isn't a recall on the DVSA website dated 25th April (today's date), but there is for 25th February 2019. However, if the date given is correct it may take a few days to appear on both the DVSA website and Toyota's recall checker.

Unfortunately every time I have tried that Toyota site with my reg number, it can't find my car. I'd try with the VIN if only the DVLA would send me a logbook.😂

Maybe it is more airbag issues. I'll be going to visit the local Toyota dealership after work in the morning.

The DVLA gives me this:

Outstanding recall found

There's an outstanding manufacturer's safety recall on TOYOTA AVENSIS (reg number). The vehicle has been recalled since at least 25 April 2019.

Contact a TOYOTA dealership to arrange for repairs.

If you've had the recalled component repaired recently, it can take up to three weeks for the manufacturer to update their records.

Should be able to get the VIN from one of the plates on the car.

You are greatly underestimating my level of laziness, lol.😴😅

I need to take a picture of the one in the windscreen area, I just keep forgetting.

When I booked in, they told me that it was a passenger airbag actuator problem.