Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bleeding the ABS module

Djsully91

Hey guys
As posted in my introduction thread I have purchased / picked up my 2005 yaris VVT I two weeks ago and all is running well however, there seems to be air in the ABS module. When braking the brakes work as they should however at times when coming to a stop I can hear the module starting to work with quite some vibration / judder through the pedal, hooked up the diagnostics tool that I have and no faults came up which is good though when I attempted to bleed the ABS module via the tool I got a "This is unavailable" message or something along them lines. 

What I am wondering is, would that be something to do with the diagnostics tool or from the ABS module itself? and if I am unable to bleed the ABS from the tool, is it possible to do that without it? 

Moved to the Yaris club.

The ABS cutting in erroneously is becoming fairly common on older Yaris, can your tool display live data ? As what tends to happen is corrosion builds up between the sensor and pickup ring this causes a misdetection in the wheel speed which can be seen whilst watching the live data as a sudden drop in speed on one or more wheel which the car see's and triggers the ABS.

Removing the sensor and cleaning out the corrosion usually fixes the issue but expect a fight trying to get the sensor out.

Ah alright then, yeah it reads out the live data alright its just that whenever attempting to bleed the ABS module it's having none of it. Will check the sensor and give it a good clean if necessary ^^

Hi When trying to bleed ABS pump easiest way I found was to crack the pipes open individually at the pump. Do this with ignition on so the pump will run.

• 1 year later...

Hi, One fitting at a time. Don't completely undo the fitting. Once the fluid starts coming through with NO bubbles, tighten the fitting. Then go to the appropriate wheel brake cylinder and bleed each one at a time. Start with the furthest wheel from the brake master cylinder, finishing with the one nearest. Keep checking the master cylinder fluid level, keep it topped up. Good Luck.